AP/Coaches Poll/KenPom/NET

The first AP Top 25 Poll is expected to be released Monday. It sounds like Nebraska is getting quite a few votes. Big Ten Network analyst Andy Katz said last week he expected Nebraska anywhere between 15 and 20. It would be the first time the Huskers are ranked in the preseason poll since 2014, when they landed at No. 21 before the season.

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/recruits-visiting-nebraska-basketball-james-palmer-praise-preseason-rankings-expectations/article_513c536c-0d30-5b0f-b30a-a70578ae8978.html?utm_source=latest

• Plus1 3

9 minutes ago, BBfan said:

Not as much respect as expected. I guess the AP voters are waiting for us to "prove it" first. We are fifth in Big Ten just ahead of Maryland and Wisconsin.

I'm good with that personally.  Historically speaking, this team hasn't done the best when expectations are high.   Or really NU sports in general but that's another discussion and hopefully changing.

• Plus1 1

To be frank, this is probably for the best. Our guys need to continue to feel like they are being slighted. I can't imagine a scenario where us feeling like we are the kings of the B1G because of our ranking would be good for this team. Would completely smell like 2014, or whatever the heck year that was.

CBS Sports has the Huskers at #29 in their ranking of all 353 teams.  Behind Michigan St (10th), Michigan (17th) & Indiana (23rd).  Predicts them to win at least 24 games this season - not sure if that includes the post season or not.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-1-353-from-kansas-to-no-353-and-an-interesting-fact-on-every-team/

• Mavric changed the title to AP/Coaches Poll