AP/Coaches Poll/KenPom/NET

10 hours ago, knapplc said:

Listen, this is just crazy.

33 voters didn't put Nebraska in the top 25.  C'mon.

I mean ... we probably deserve it - I don't pay enough attention to other teams to really know.

But it's not like we're completely out of line.  I know the computers seem to have us ranked higher.  But there aren't any three-loss teams ranked.  The two-loss teams that are ranked are Gonzaga, North Carolina, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Marquette, Indiana, Iowa and us.  I realize it "should" only be about this year but we aren't really in the same conversation with most of those teams in recent history.  

Teams that are (not) ranked behind us: Oklahoma (9-1), St. John's (10-0), NC State (9-1), TCU (8-1) and Minnesota (9-2 and beat us).  As we are right on the edge, it's not completely out of the realm to see why some of those teams would take the last spot ahead of us.

• Plus1 1

I believe once you get in the top15 to 20, you pretty much stay there and those teams just marinate through the car wash and exchange positions with each other. If you're a fringe team with no current or historical cachet, you get no benefit of the doubt, athough winning by 20 plus and then dropping out is a bit odd......

24 minutes ago, Big red surfers said:

So Nebraska beats Fullerton and drops out and 1 spot in the coaches.  Meanwhile east of the river Iowa beast WCU and Savannah state and the go from unranked to 20th.  Baffling 

Kinda like Kentucky beating no one except a super overrated UNC and being ranked 16.  

Not to to mention that team we beat that beat them...