seaofred92

AP/Coaches Poll/KenPom/NET

Listen, this is just crazy.

33 voters didn't put Nebraska in the top 25.  C'mon.

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Yeah, that just doesn't make any sense. 13 games into the regular season, and two loses to teams with a combined record of 19-2....

10 hours ago, knapplc said:

I mean ... we probably deserve it - I don't pay enough attention to other teams to really know.

But it's not like we're completely out of line.  I know the computers seem to have us ranked higher.  But there aren't any three-loss teams ranked.  The two-loss teams that are ranked are Gonzaga, North Carolina, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Marquette, Indiana, Iowa and us.  I realize it "should" only be about this year but we aren't really in the same conversation with most of those teams in recent history.  

Teams that are (not) ranked behind us: Oklahoma (9-1), St. John's (10-0), NC State (9-1), TCU (8-1) and Minnesota (9-2 and beat us).  As we are right on the edge, it's not completely out of the realm to see why some of those teams would take the last spot ahead of us.

• Plus1 1

Lot of teams out there with good records.  I'm just happy to see Nebraska being ranked and mentioned with a lot of these schools for a change.

I believe once you get in the top15 to 20, you pretty much stay there and those teams just marinate through the car wash and exchange positions with each other. If you're a fringe team with no current or historical cachet, you get no benefit of the doubt, athough winning by 20 plus and then dropping out is a bit odd......

So Nebraska beats Fullerton and drops out and 1 spot in the coaches.  Meanwhile east of the river Iowa beast WCU and Savannah state and the go from unranked to 20th.  Baffling 

24 minutes ago, Big red surfers said:

So Nebraska beats Fullerton and drops out and 1 spot in the coaches.  Meanwhile east of the river Iowa beast WCU and Savannah state and the go from unranked to 20th.  Baffling 

Kinda like Kentucky beating no one except a super overrated UNC and being ranked 16.  

Not to to mention that team we beat that beat them...

I think Nebraska just gets very little respect in basketball. 

We need to go into the Big Ten and take care of business. 5 of the first 8 games are rated. If Nebraska looks incompetent in these, we confirm their doubt. If we win most and look good against them, we will get more respect. 

The season is about it get really interesting. 

Problem is, the first two are in the road. 

• Plus1 2

So Andy says his top 36 is “what have you done lately”. Can he explain why Iowa has beaten no one and just beat two 200th ranked teams in the last week ?  

Then he says he likes Missouri cuz the beat Illinois, a team we beat and there best win is Xavier.  He makes no sense as usual 

On 1/28/2019 at 2:46 PM, seaofred92 said:

This seems worth pointing out

That guy is smoking something if he thinks we only lose 3 more games.

On 1/30/2019 at 12:02 PM, Mavric said:

Looks like 6 more loses to me. 

4 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

That guy is smoking something if he thinks we only lose 3 more games.

Looks like 6 more loses to me. 

At this point the only game I see them winning is Northwestern in Lincoln & I'd call that a toss up.

9 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

At this point the only game I see them winning is Northwestern in Lincoln & I'd call that a toss up.

Palmer will get stupid one game yet this year and score 35-40.  The rest will be 15 pts. on 6 of 30 shooting.  I'm guessing 2 wins