OLB Blaise Gunnerson

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

57 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Gunnerson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

28 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Solid midwest, low P5 player.

He seems talented enough to warrant an offer, but hopefully higher tier defensive lineman are in the fold. 

21 minutes ago, Snowbird said:

This kid can turn into an all conference player. Frost has taken over his recruiting. That’s how much they think of him. 

So, which angle am I supposed to believe here. 

16 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Our main competition is Iowa State, and not Ohio State or Michigan, what do you think? 

I think Iowa State has been a better football program than ours the last 2-3 seasons. I think Matt Campbell is a heck of a coach. And I think offer lists are a single tool in an evaluation of a player, not the end-all, be-all, or did you forget that our main competition for Ameer Abdullah was Vanderbilt? 

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1

I think it's also more the fact that this kid has barely played football. He didn't play all last year and has grown a ton since his soph season. We will see how he does this year as a SR who is healthy again. I agree that offers usually tell you about how good someone is, but we would miss out on several good players from the midwest who don't get the same exposure. 

• Plus1 3

8 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

I think Iowa State has been a better football program than ours the last 2-3 seasons. I think Matt Campbell is a heck of a coach. And I think offer lists are a single tool in an evaluation of a player, not the end-all, be-all, or did you forget that our main competition for Ameer Abdullah was Vanderbilt? 

My goal isnt to be Iowa State, nor should we hope every low 3* player turns into the next Ameer. There are hundreds of examples when it doesn't work out that way. 

I hope he turns into a good player just like you do. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

My goal isnt to be Iowa State, nor should we hope every low 3* player turns into the next Ameer. There are hundreds of examples when it doesn't work out that way. 

I hope he turns into a good player just like you do. 

I don't disagree, particularly with the bolded. But, we have a lot of building to do before we should be expecting to compete with Ohio State and Michigan on every recruit. Gunnerson is a good building block who has another year to get bigger, faster and stronger.