Jump to content
Mavric

OLB Blaise Gunnerson [Nebraska Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

This kid can turn into an all conference player. Frost has taken over his recruiting. That’s how much they think of him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Solid midwest, low P5 player.

 

He seems talented enough to warrant an offer, but hopefully higher tier defensive lineman are in the fold. 

 

21 minutes ago, Snowbird said:

This kid can turn into an all conference player. Frost has taken over his recruiting. That’s how much they think of him. 

 

So, which angle am I supposed to believe here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

 

 

So, which angle am I supposed to believe here. 

Our main competition is Iowa State, and not Ohio State or Michigan, what do you think? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Our main competition is Iowa State, and not Ohio State or Michigan, what do you think? 

 

I think Iowa State has been a better football program than ours the last 2-3 seasons. I think Matt Campbell is a heck of a coach. And I think offer lists are a single tool in an evaluation of a player, not the end-all, be-all, or did you forget that our main competition for Ameer Abdullah was Vanderbilt? 

  • Plus1 6
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's also more the fact that this kid has barely played football. He didn't play all last year and has grown a ton since his soph season. We will see how he does this year as a SR who is healthy again. I agree that offers usually tell you about how good someone is, but we would miss out on several good players from the midwest who don't get the same exposure. 

  • Plus1 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will never be highly rated - but he will see an increase in rating soon or during later evaluations. He seems to have generated a lot of buzz this weekend. A bit of an under the radar prospect nationally and really hope we can snag him from Iowa or Iowa State.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching his video from the Pipeline camp, this kid has potential. May not be an immediate contributor, but I bet he develops into a really good player. He's probably a good senior season away from even more P5 offers. 

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

 

I think Iowa State has been a better football program than ours the last 2-3 seasons. I think Matt Campbell is a heck of a coach. And I think offer lists are a single tool in an evaluation of a player, not the end-all, be-all, or did you forget that our main competition for Ameer Abdullah was Vanderbilt? 

My goal isnt to be Iowa State, nor should we hope every low 3* player turns into the next Ameer. There are hundreds of examples when it doesn't work out that way. 

 

I hope he turns into a good player just like you do. 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

My goal isnt to be Iowa State, nor should we hope every low 3* player turns into the next Ameer. There are hundreds of examples when it doesn't work out that way. 

 

I hope he turns into a good player just like you do. 

 

I don't disagree, particularly with the bolded. But, we have a lot of building to do before we should be expecting to compete with Ohio State and Michigan on every recruit. Gunnerson is a good building block who has another year to get bigger, faster and stronger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

My goal isnt to be Iowa State, nor should we hope every low 3* player turns into the next Ameer. There are hundreds of examples when it doesn't work out that way. 

 

I hope he turns into a good player just like you do. 

 

I bet you’re fun at parties.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2019 at 8:48 PM, Scarlet Overkill said:

 

I bet you’re fun at parties.

I do my best to let others know that life is meaningless and death is inevitable.

 

Joking. Mostly.

  • Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×