OLB Blaise Gunnerson

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

57 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Gunnerson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, bugeater17 said:

Love the all white unis and all white face mask in his edit/pic!

Oh... and glad he is N. He is going to have a huge Senior season.     :woo

:bigredn:

That jersey has the 150 patch on it. Those might be the 3rd semi-permanent unis they were talking about in lieu of an alternate.

If so, that is awesome. Cold as ice.

• Plus1 2

Are we sure he's going to be an outside linebacker? He's allegedly 6-5 and 250 pounds already and will gain weight under a collegiate training table and weight lifting regime.

I'm not saying he can't or shouldn't be an outside linebacker, just that you don't see many 270 pound outside linebackers in college football.

42 minutes ago, Hans Gruber said:

Are we sure he's going to be an outside linebacker? He's allegedly 6-5 and 250 pounds already and will gain weight under a collegiate training table and weight lifting regime.

I'm not saying he can't or shouldn't be an outside linebacker, just that you don't see many 270 pound outside linebackers in college football.

They are definitely looking at him as an OLB.  

However, it seems to me that the have more of a "Strong" OLB - who play more of a DE role - and a "Weak" OLB - who plays more coverage.  So I'm guessing he plays more of the Strong OLB spot in our defense.  Although I agree with you that he may grow into a true DE down the road.

22 minutes ago, Mavric said:

They are definitely looking at him as an OLB.  

However, it seems to me that the have more of a "Strong" OLB - who play more of a DE role - and a "Weak" OLB - who plays more coverage.  So I'm guessing he plays more of the Strong OLB spot in our defense.  Although I agree with you that he may grow into a true DE down the road.

That makes sense. There have been many Nebraska defensive coordinators recently, so I get who said what mixed up sometimes.

Anyways, was it Chinander that said something about using a defense that could do both 4-3 or 3-4 stuff? If so, it would make sense using someone like Gunnerson as a DE/OLB. 

Just now, Hans Gruber said:

That makes sense. There have been many Nebraska defensive coordinators recently, so I get who said what mixed up sometimes.

Anyways, was it Chinander that said something about using a defense that could do both 4-3 or 3-4 stuff? If so, it would make sense using someone like Gunnerson as a DE/OLB. 

Yeah, Chins apparently stays away from terming his defense a "3-4" - even though that's what it is - because he'll mix things around some.  But even in the base defense it's pretty obvious that the two OLBs have distinct usage and responsibilities.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to OLB Blaise Gunnerson