This guy made flags for every Big Ten team

knapplc

I love ours!  A riff off the Union Jack, because:

University of Nebraska

A.k.a the "Nebraska Jack". Nebraska was the most challenging to invent. I wanted it to conform to the university's branding while being more interesting than red and white. (Red and white bicolored flags are already taken, multiple times).I took inspiration from Nebraska's Blackshirts), who cross their arms in an "X" to form a skull & crossbones. However, a skull would look out of place, saltires have Confederate flag connotations, and anything resembling a helmet looked problematic too. Furthermore: black is not an official part of the university brand color palett e.After many drafts, I settled on a Union Jack-esque design. The bones' "X" is there, but in back of a cross featuring Nebraska's red strip on white. This cross represents a helmet, whether hung horizontally or vertically.

Nebraska (Blackshirt Variant)

This one can be an unofficial flag variant or something.

From JohnHarvardsLeftSock courtesy of Reddit

Here's the base model Nebraska flag:

ikNg3r2.png

And the Blackshirt variant:

Pepoag8.png

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, Fru said:

LOL, I was just thinking the same thing. 

Mackerel snappers unite!

Things have changed a lot in this country over the past century.  I mean, sure, there was recently a TV show on FOX called, "The Mick," but it's not like it was about some drunk.  Was it?  I didn't watch but FOX seems to be pretty sensitive when it comes to the perception of racism against the pale (if their news programming is any indicator).

• Plus1 1