It's Tuesday, which means...

You guessed it,

IT'S TIME TO GET HYPOTHETICAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's pretend we win this weekend, we jump to 2-6 overall.  We roll into Columbus on a cool November morning and take down the "champs."

We are now 3-6. Do you then believe we will win out and go 6-6 to qualify for a bowl game?

Remaining foes would be Illinois, Michigan State and @ Iowa. 

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

You guessed it,

Let's pretend we win this weekend, we jump to 2-6 overall.  We roll into Columbus on a cool November morning and take down the "champs."

Do you then believe we will win out and go 6-6 to qualify for a bowl game?

Yes. I already think we’ll win those games though. But I don’t think we’ll beat OSU. 

4 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

You guessed it,

Do you then believe we will win out and go 6-6 to qualify for a bowl game?

I do think  we go to Columbus at 2-6.

I think we have a much better chance at beating OSU than we did a couple weeks ago.  I dont think we beat them, but I think it is a game for awhile.  

I don't think we will get to 6-6.  4-8 would be a solid finish to a horrible start.  5-7 would be fantastic.  

Toughness of opponents in order: OSU, Iowa, MSU, Illini, BCU

Games I think we win.... BCU, Illini, and....... MSU.

2 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

I do think  we go to Columbus at 2-6.

I think we have a much better chance at beating OSU than we did a couple weeks ago.  I dont think we beat them, but I think it is a game for awhile.  

I don't think we will get to 6-6.  4-8 would be a solid finish to a horrible start.  5-7 would be fantastic.  

Toughness of opponents in order: OSU, Iowa, MSU, Illini, BCU

Games I think we win.... BCU, Illini, and....... MSU.

So...back to my hypothetical.

According to you + me... we are rolling into Black Friday with a 5-6 record, chance to get to 6-6. Do we get there, if we are there?

4 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

I don't think we will get to 6-6.  4-8 would be a solid finish to a horrible start

I'm there with you. 0-6 was a disaster, and there's just about no recovering from that.

But if we finish 4-8, going 4-2 down the stretch, that's pretty solid and gives us some momentum heading into next year.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

In your hypothetical yes we win out. The confidence and electricity would be too strong to stop us. We would be a very interesting team to watch out for next season in this scenario.

Wow. You've passed the test. You can now move on to the extra credit question: https://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/88090-lets-get-hypothetical-game-7/

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I am just telling you the results are the same to me. I already think we’ll win those games. 

So you think that even if we beat Ohio State, we still find a way to lose to 1 of the final 3 opponents to go 5-7?

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

According to you + me... we are rolling into Black Friday with a 5-6 record, chance to get to 6-6. Do we get there, if we are there?

Speaking hypothetically, it would be a phenomenal way to end the season playing Iowa 5-6 with bowl eligibility on the line.  Hypothetically, Wisky drops another conference game and Iowa (at 10-1) needing the win to represent the west.....We go ahead and get bowl eligible by beating Iowa and ruining their chances to win the West.....Now that's the way to finish this hypothetical scenario.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, lo country said:

Speaking hypothetically, it would be a phenomenal way to end the season playing Iowa 5-6 with bowl eligibility on the line.  Hypothetically, Wisky drops another conference game and Iowa (at 10-1) needing the win to represent the west.....We go ahead and get bowl eligible by beating Iowa and ruining their chances to win the West.....Now that's the way to finish this hypothetical scenario.

Dude...Come on man, I've got like 4 more weeks of hypotheticals to come up with. Do you think this stuff is easy? Quit stealing my material! ;)

2 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

Yes.....if we win the rest of the games up to the Iowa game we will beat Iowa.

Boom, you also get to move on to the bonus question. https://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/88090-lets-get-hypothetical-game-7/

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

I doubt it.  With the way Iowa has been playing defense, plus our inability to play defense I dont see us beating Iowa (ugh).  If Stolt can play then it would definitely help us out with this game, but we will struggle at the LOS with them.  Hope we can spread them out and get some mismatches when we are on offense.