It's Tuesday, which means...

2 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

I doubt it.  With the way Iowa has been playing defense, plus our inability to play defense I dont see us beating Iowa (ugh).  If Stolt can play then it would definitely help us out with this game, but we will struggle at the LOS with them.  Hope we can spread them out and get some mismatches when we are on offense.  

That’s interesting. I don’t see many teams “stopping” our offense the rest of the year.

I do agree that our defense probably won’t hold up against many teams that control the LOS though.

17 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

So...back to my hypothetical.

According to you + me... we are rolling into Black Friday with a 5-6 record, chance to get to 6-6. Do we get there, if we are there?

Yes.

If we go into Iowa at 5-6, we exit at 6-6.

If we go in at 5-6, that means our defense has continued to improve to the point we were able to take down OSU and MSU.  That will set us up to be able to beat Iowa.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Wow. You've passed the test. You can now move on to the extra credit question: https://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/88090-lets-get-hypothetical-game-7/

So you think that even if we beat Ohio State, we still find a way to lose to 1 of the final 3 opponents to go 5-7?

Where did you come up with that based on the words I’ve used?

I’m saying we win every game left before and after the Ohio State game regardless of whether we beat Ohio State. 

1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

Winter is coming so the weather could slow our offense.

Interesting thought. Winter comes every year though, do you believe this could be an issue for our offense annually?

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Where did you come up with that based on the words I’ve used?

I’m saying we win every game left before and after the Ohio State game regardless of whether we beat Ohio State. 

Haha. I’m a little confused.

So you are saying... we either go 5-7 with loss to tOSU or 6-6 with win?

Just now, ScottyIce said:

Interesting thought. Winter comes every year though, do you believe this could be an issue for our offense annually?

I think having a good defense and not relying on our offense out scoring opponents in late November is a good idea.  The wind was fairly gusty Saturday and we still passed well so I’d say TBD.  I’m not sure how well our offense can run the ball without a threat of a pass.

21 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

That’s interesting. I don’t see many teams “stopping” our offense the rest of the year.

I do agree that our defense probably won’t hold up against many teams that control the LOS though.

The best way to stop our offense is to have them on the sideline.  I think our offense can have success against them, but when they dont then our defense will be put through the ringer of body blows known as power football.  It will be an interesting matchup of contrasting styles. If we can get up early on them we could put a lot of pressure on them and put them in a situation we could create some turnovers.  I would just figure this as a loss until we can prove we can stop a team like them.  

1 minute ago, swmohusker said:

The best way to stop our offense is to have them on the sideline.  I think our offense can have success against them, but when they dont then our defense will be put through the ringer of body blows known as power football.  It will be an interesting matchup of contrasting styles. If we can get up early on them we could put a lot of pressure on them and put them in a situation we could create some turnovers.  I would just figure this as a loss until we can prove we can stop a team like them.  

I feel like having already played Wisconsin helps us in this area. We know what it feels like and can be prepared a little bit more for it now.

4 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

I feel like having already played Wisconsin helps us in this area. We know what it feels like and can be prepared a little bit more for it now.

We defended decently well against Wisconsin, especially in the first half. I think we actually have a half decent run defense, our real weakness is against the pass.