Toilet Bowl Cleaner - 50% off on Black Friday

Moiraine

Scoff all you want. (Edit: What I meant is scoff to yourself). I find this stuff fun. I will update this every week until Nebraska is eliminated from bowl eligibility.

There are 39 bowls (including the quarterfinals) for 78 teams.

As of Oct. 20 there are  81 teams that need between 0 and 2 more wins to be bowl eligible or get to 5 wins and are ahead of us in APR.

28 of the 81 are bowl eligible now.

23 are 1 win away.

As of Oct. 25 there are 83 teams that need between 0 and 2 more wins to be bowl eligible or get to 5 wins and are ahead of us in APR.

29 of the 83 are bowl eligible now.
23 are 1 win away.

As of Oct. 27 there are 92 teams that need between 0 and 2 more wins to be bowl eligible or get to 5 wins and are ahead of us in APR.

37 of the 92 are bowl eligible now.

25 are 1 win away.

If we consider 5 win teams ahead of us in APR as bowl eligible:
42 of the 92 are bowl eligible now.
24 are 1 win away.

As of Nov. 3 there are 97 teams that need between 0 and 2 more wins to be bowl eligible or get to 5 wins and are ahead of us in APR.

48 of the 97 are bowl eligible now.

29 are 1 win away.

52 of the 97 are bowl eligible now.
29 are 1 win away.

As of Nov. 10 there are 90 teams that need between 0 and 1 more wins to be bowl eligible or get to 5 wins and are ahead of us in APR.

66 of the 90 are bowl eligible now.
24 are 1 win away.

• Plus1 6

Nebraska would need to win out in order to guarantee bowl eligibility, correct? And, they'd only be able to count BC as a victory (assuming that happens) if BC has awarded at least 90% of their available scholarships over the last two seasons, I believe (I think they would count as a win towards bowl eligibility but I'm not 100% sure).

21 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Nebraska would need to win out in order to guarantee bowl eligibility, correct? And, they'd only be able to count BC as a victory (assuming that happens) if BC has awarded at least 90% of their available scholarships over the last two seasons, I believe (I think they would count as a win towards bowl eligibility but I'm not 100% sure).

I assume Nebraska would have made sure BC met this requirement.

There is a very small chance Nebraska could get to a bowl with 5 wins. I'm guessing it won't happen but I'm going to keep track anyway. These are the teams ahead of Nebraska in APR that don't already have 5 wins. All of the 3, 4, and 5 win teams are included in the 81 team total that is 0 to 2 wins away from bowl eligibility.

image.png.d5a742913a65bf00c961fcbac5de6f7c.png

• Plus1 2

47 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

We aren’t on the football team. 

It doesn’t effing matter if we talk about possibilities, and talking about them doesn’t mean we actually think they’re going to happen. Stop being wet blankets. I thought with my little message in the OP it would prevent useless comments like this.

That's RATIONAL talk. It has no place on HuskerBoard. :D

Sadly, we still have too many people who actually believe in "jinxing" and other forms of superstition (even in the sports world among players themselves). I'm not one of them, but I know there are plenty of them out there.

59 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

We aren’t on the football team. 

It doesn’t effing matter if we talk about possibilities, and talking about them doesn’t mean we actually think they’re going to happen. Stop being wet blankets. I thought with my little message in the OP it would prevent useless comments like this.

When we get disqualified I'm going to quote your OP and say something like "this didn't age well" and I'll get like 13 +1s.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

10 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Scoff all you want. (Edit: What I meant is scoff to yourself). I find this stuff fun. I will update this every week until Nebraska is eliminated from bowl eligibility.

There are 39 bowls (including the quarterfinals) for 78 teams.

As of Oct. 20 there are  81 teams that need between 0 and 2 more wins to be bowl eligible or get to 5 wins and are ahead of us in APR.

28 of the 81 are bowl eligible now.

23 are 1 win away.

You been drinking with Scotty? 

23 minutes ago, The Dude said:

When we get disqualified I'm going to quote your OP and say something like "this didn't age well" and I'll get like 13 +1s.

It will age well regardless of your pooptastic reply, because I already said I’d stop it once we’re not bowl eligible and I didn’t say I think we would go to a bowl so there. 

6 minutes ago, Old Nebraska Guy said:

Question...Does Old Miss have a bowl ban in place?   Cause I count 82 possible teams unless Old Miss (5-3) is banned.

Yep

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

It will age well regardless of your pooptastic reply, because I already said I’d stop it once we’re not bowl eligible and I didn’t say I think we would go to a bowl so there. 

Yep

Keep on keeping on. Some cant help but be a wet blanket. Without topics like this the board would run out of things to talk about. I think if people dont like a thread then dont open and dont read it. No need to s#!t on it. So the next time one of the wet blankets think about commenting- stop-reflect and go about your day elsewhere.

• Plus1 2