Toilet Bowl Cleaner - 50% off on Black Friday

Moiraine

12 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I think we have something like a 0.0030517578125% chance of going to a bowl (pretending each team has a 50% chance of losing).

I think if the rest of tonight's games go our way there will be 4 bowl spots available and 18 teams that need 1 more win. The only good news is I've already removed the head to head match-ups next week to get to that #. That means we need 15 of 18 to lose. Today actually went about as well for us as we could hope but it's still going to take a miracle.

tenor-2.gif.2a8bfdbac2f195fbe6f0d98c7ce49c00.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Well props to Nebraska for the way this thread ended.  It could have ended with losses to Illinois or Michigan St, but it ended up ending to things outside of our control.

Actually NU had 6 games at the beginning of the season to win games so NU wasn’t hoping for a prayer at making a bowl at 5-7. When Riley did it in his first year, it was the exception, not the rule. 

• Fire 1
18 hours ago, BoSolich said:

i know we are looking better, but it's sad to think this will be the 3rd time in 4 years we end the season with 5 or less wins. 

this program will be in trouble if we don't get out of this slump within the next few years.

Knowing what Frost had to start with and seeing how this season has progressed, do you really see a scenario where we aren’t out of this slump within the next few years?

Personally, I would say we are already out of that slump considering we started 0-6 (with some unique circumstances contributing to that half season record not including about 3 wins) and will finish 5-1 or 4-2 with a close loss to tOSU in the shoe, a MSU win secured in pretty impressive fashion and possibly another win over a team that has owned us for the last three years. We likely still have a few more growing pains to endure but I would consider the futility of the Riley era and the last couple Pelini years are well behind us and not likely to return. Plus, it’s a bit counterintuitive to say “this program will be in trouble if....”, this program has been in trouble already for near twenty years. This seems alarmist to even mention in a year where most everyone can recognize the program is already on the mend. This 5 or 4 win season has nothing in common with the previous lackluster seasons.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
18 hours ago, BoSolich said:

i know we are looking better, but it's sad to think this will be the 3rd time in 4 years we end the season with 5 or less wins. 

this program will be in trouble if we don't get out of this slump within the next few years.

I don't know any Husker fans who are sad right now.

If Frosty couldn't get us out of the slump, no one could (because after another failure this job wouldn't be very desirable anymore).  Luckily, this ship has already turned.

vhzx8fbz6ahv97epbluz.gif

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1