Toilet Bowl Cleaner - 50% off on Black Friday

Moiraine

Just now, Moiraine said:

I didn't put 20 minutes into this every Saturday night for someone to come in saying "HAY GAIS WE WENT 5-7 ONCE AND I'M GONNA IGNORE THE RULES EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE'S TELLING ME WE ARE INELIGIBIBLE AND WE'RE GOING TO A BOWL 'CAUSE THEY LYK US" without bothering to even read any of it and then arguing with people and I'm certainly not going to explain when it's all here.

Ok, I didn’t see that, I saw a bunch of speculation about sucky teams being eligible that a bowl wouldn’t want, but if it’s written in stone then that’s what it is.

Just now, Hayseed said:

Ok, I didn’t see that, I saw a bunch of speculation about sucky teams being eligible that a bowl wouldn’t want, but if it’s written in stone then that’s what it is.

Sorry for flipping my lid but someone else did the same thing last week and was claiming the NCAA would change their rules just for us.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Sorry for flipping my lid but someone else did the same thing last week and was claiming the NCAA would change their rules just for us.

I didn’t think it was a rule, I thought they were speculating by RPI or something which would mean nothing to me if I was choosing teams for a low tier Bowl. Unless it’s the NCAA law, I’d go by AIS.

Just now, Hayseed said:

I didn’t think it was a rule, I thought they were speculating by RPI or something which would mean nothing to me if I was choosing teams for a low tier Bowl. Unless it’s the NCAA law, I’d go by AIS.

If we won 5 games and it was based on how good the team is we'd be in a bowl game easily. No one would pass us up over the 20+ teams I've never heard of. But it's based on 6 wins first no matter what. After that it goes to graduation rates but it's mathematically impossible for us to go at this point.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

20 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

If we won 5 games and it was based on how good the team is we'd be in a bowl game easily. No one would pass us up over the 20+ teams I've never heard of. But it's based on 6 wins first no matter what. After that it goes to graduation rates but it's mathematically impossible for us to go at this point.

So there are enough six win teams this year? Because not what I thought they were saying. In that case then no , we’re out.

Wait... what???... we’re out because of graduation rates? OK, that’s a new one to me. 

I didn’t think we’d get five wins so wasn’t too concerned about it.

I figured they could pick any five win team they want if it came to that... silly me.. it’s graduation rates. That is hilarious!

1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

So there are enough six win teams this year? Because not what I thought they were saying. In that case then no , we’re out.

Wait... what???... we’re out because of graduation rates? OK, that’s a new one to me. 

I didn’t think we’d get five wins so wasn’t too concerned about it.

I figured they could pick any five win team they want if it came to that... silly me.. it’s graduation rates. That is hilarious!

It's looking like there will be multiple 6 win teams who don't go to a bowl game this year. There's a 0% chance there will be a spot for Nebraska, that's what I know for sure.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

It's looking like there will be multiple 6 win teams who don't go to a bowl game this year. There's a 0% chance there will be a spot for Nebraska, that's what I know for sure.

Okay, thanks. They need to close this thread.

The phony NCAA and their graduation rate formula is still cracking me up. Yeah, that’s what Alabama is thinking about.

8 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Okay, thanks. They need to close this thread.

The phony NCAA and their graduation rate formula is still cracking me up. Yeah, that’s what Alabama is thinking about.

I fail to see why this is such a huge issue and what Alabama has to say about it.

There are some years where the NCAA needs to have one or two 5 win teams go to bowls to fill the spots.  Not sure why graduation rates is such a laughing point.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I fail to see why this is such a huge issue and what Alabama has to say about it.

There are some years where the NCAA needs to have one or two 5 win teams go to bowls to fill the spots.  Not sure why graduation rates is such a laughing point.

A good looking win over Iowa could have The Deciders thinking about Husker fans filling a usually empty bowl out there somewhere.  I think. 

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sure....but, it's a waste of time to think about it.

It is? 

Well by golly garsh we need all jess stop are thinkin' then.. time to lean over a pan of hot corn bread an' a beer and jess watch tee vee.. hek with thinkin'.  Yes indeedy. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Jeepy said:

It is? 

Well by golly garsh we need all jess stop are thinkin' then.. time to lean over a pan of how corn bread an' a beer and jess watch tee vee.. hek with thinkin'.  Yes indeedy. 

WTF????

Dude, you said.....

10 minutes ago, Jeepy said:

The Deciders thinking about Husker fans filling a usually empty bowl out there somewhere.

I then said, it's a waste of time to think about it.

It's a rule.  We aren't going to a bowl game.  Even if they are frothing at the mouth dreaming of bringing in 90,000 husker fans to the December 10th Wisconsin Cheese Curd Bowl......it's not going to happen.  So, it's a waste of time for them to think about it.

Now, if you want to sit around and ponder the idea....go for it...but.....it isn't going to happen.  It's spelled out pretty well in this thread WHY we aren't going to a bowl no matter now many fans would follow the team and it's not rocket surgery.  And....you can act insulted by me claiming it's a waste of time for the bowl "deciders" to think about it....but....what ev......

• Plus1 1

One more time,

Here are the cold hard numbers.....

39 bowls....78 teams need six wins to be bowl eligible

After last weekend...

71 teams have at least six wins....7 spots left.

22 teams have five wins.  Six of them have head to head games this week guaranteeing three more six win teams...4 spots left.

Of the 16 remaining, in my opinion, six are overwhelming favorites.  If, we are in the what if stage, If all six win there will be 80 six win teams.  This is not counting a couple of four win teams that just scheduled a "ho hummer" to get to six.  cough cough...V Tech

What if the 16 remaining teams all lose.  Talk to your local bookie, ask what are the odds of hitting a 16 team parlay.  Then the  RULE established after the 2015 comes into play.  Which is the APR ranking is the selection order for five win teams.  And after last weekend, four teams are ahead of Nebraska in APR,  and voila 78 bowl spots are filled and Nebraska coached get to go recruiting.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1