Toilet Bowl Cleaner - 50% off on Black Friday

Moiraine

5 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

With you. The positive side if they dont make a bowl is more time recruiting. 

Obviously the extra practices are preferred but lets keep building for the future. 

Recruiting is important and so is winter conditioning. We need to build some football players. Hopefully that’s in full swing by early December.

Let's say we beat Iowa.

I think the best thing to do in that case is to just announce that we're going to a bowl. Pick one, like the Heart of Dallas Bowl or the San Francisco Bowl.

"Nebraska is happy to accept a bid to this bowl. We hope to represent our conference well."

There would be some confusion, and some conflicting information out there, but if we stuck with that story, started practicing, booked hotels and got ourselves to the game, maybe they'd just let us play.

It's worth a shot.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Let's say we beat Iowa.

I think the best thing to do in that case is to just announce that we're going to a bowl. Pick one, like the Heart of Dallas Bowl or the San Francisco Bowl.

"Nebraska is happy to accept a bid to this bowl. We hope to represent our conference well."

There would be some confusion, and some conflicting information out there, but if we stuck with that story, started practicing, booked hotels and got ourselves to the game, maybe they'd just let us play.

It's worth a shot.

We'd be like the guy in the basement who just keeps coming to work.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Let's say we beat Iowa.

It's worth a shot.

That’s just crazy enough to work if we also announce who we’ll be playing. The other team that was supposed to go will decide that going to the bowl isn’t worth arguing over. We should pick the least desirable bowl game. I think Detroit has one.

2 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

That’s just crazy enough to work if we also announce who we’ll be playing. The other team that was supposed to go will decide that going to the bowl isn’t worth arguing over. We should pick the least desirable bowl game. I think Detroit has one.

I kept telling the Georgia fan I live with I don’t care if it’s the Detroit Music City bowl I just want us to go to one. I also told him we’re going to win a national championship this year. 

11 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

We could just pay them the prize money we get by playing. We don't need the cash. We have all kinds of money. What we need are more practices, and more opportunities to get Stanley past 1,000 yards.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

We could just pay them the prize money we get by playing. We don't need the cash. We have all kinds of money. What we need are more practices, and more opportunities to get Stanley past 1,000 yards.

I like it- buy a bowl.

Morgan will get his on Friday. JD would need to get healthy and have a really good game but it’s also possible without the bowl.

39 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I like it- buy a bowl.

Morgan will get his on Friday. JD would need to get healthy and have a really good game but it’s also possible without the bowl.

Maybe we can get with a local team and declare a bowl game.  Play at  Memorial Stadium,  pick up a seed or fertilizer company as the sponsor and Boom, a few more weeks a practice.  

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Let's say we beat Iowa.

It's worth a shot.

I anonymously gave you trophy.  Not as a thanks, but as the best answer yet in this thread.  I didn't want you to wonder why you got a "thanks".:D As some posters continue to ask who gave them "insert emoji here", I wanted to clarify the trophy was for the win.  *back to giving anonymous emoji's

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I have to say that is one of my bigger complaints on missing a bowl (unless your previous idea works) is that bowls count towards stats.  IF JD was healthy against Iowa and we got a bowl, good chance we could have 2 go over 1000.

1 hour ago, Old Nebraska Guy said:

That crazy scenario is technically correct.  If Vandy wins the head to head they become a regular qualifier and are removed from the APR list leaving only three teams ahead of NU.

71 now + 3 head to head winners + now only 3 APR qualifiers = 77 bowl teams.   All that other stuff has to happen too...piece of cake, get you ticket orders in...smirk

Yep. It's just pretty basic math. :D