1,000 Yard Receiver Watch

knapplc

Nebraska has never had a 1,000 yard receiver.

JD Spielman is on pace to break that record with 1,058 yards, and Stanley Morgan is on pace to get 953 yards.

Nebraska's last five opponents are not good in pass defense. Only Iowa is in the top 50 (19th).

Ohio State is 90th against the pass.

Michigan State is 117th Illinois is 124th

Bethune-Cookman is 28th in the FCS.

Not only could we have one 1,000 yard receiver - it's actually possible that we could have two.

• Plus1 2

If AM can keep finding Morgan like he did on Sat - we will have 2.  Also add potential 2  1000 yard rushers - Oz and AM.  Oz has really come alive and AM is always a threat to break the game open with his legs.    We are finally seeing the potential in the Offense.  Saturday's game was fun to watch.

17 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Is MoWash our Moore?  That kid gave OSU fits from the little in the 1st half I saw.

I don’t think Mo can squat 600 lbs. Catch a replay since I believe it was in the second half he broke a tackle and I believe he scored a TD where that strength was on full display. 

Just to add to this discussion:

Stanley Morgan Jr needs to average 89 yards per game for the rest of the season to get to 1,000.  

Needs to average 78 per game for the rest of the season to be All Time receiving yards leader.

Spielman needs to average 77 yards per game for the season to get to 1,000.

He's only 12 yards shy of knocking Matt Davison out of the top 10 all time receiving yards.

He needs 27 receptions to be #1 single season reception leader

• Plus1 7
2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

Just to add to this discussion:

Stanley Morgan Jr needs to average 89 yards per game for the rest of the season to get to 1,000.  

Needs to average 78 per game for the rest of the season to be All Time receiving yards leader.

Spielman needs to average 77 yards per game for the season to get to 1,000.

He's only 12 yards shy of knocking Matt Davison out of the top 10 all time receiving yards.

He needs 27 receptions to be #1 single season reception leader

I think Spielman takes all the receiving records over his career.  27 reception, he may get that in the next 2 games, the 12 yards is a no brainer.  Unfortunately I think he's the only 1000 yard receiver but Morgan again comes close bust just not enough.

I think Frost knows what it would mean to have Morgan reach 1000.  They made more of an effort in the MN game to get him the ball.  I can see them trying to get him the ball to make sure he at least has a chance to get there.  He's pretty good and has proven he can go over 100yrds a game when he gets enough targets.  In the first few games all the quick stuff seemed to go to JD and the other guy who left the team.  Against MN Stanely got a few of those opportunities.