N-2007.gif

Player: Blake Lawrence

Hometown: Shawnee Mission, KS

Position: LB

Height: 6’2”

Weight: 201

40 time: 4.65

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Colorado, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska, Texas Tech,

Favorites: Committed to Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #16/ :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report:NR/ :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Super smart kid on the field and especially in the classroom. Has a bunch of college credits before his first semester at University. Lawrence recorded 77 tackles (53 solo), eight tackles for loss, three sacks. Watching him on film you just don’t expect much, but every other hit is a highlight.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 100% Nebraska leads for Lawrence. He’s made several trips to NU and sounds sold. His brother attends KU for football.

Blake Lawrence

LB 6-2 200 Shawnee Mission, Kan. - Shawnee Mission West HS

“It came down to going where the heart is. I made a great decision and I look forward to the future. There are certain things that you just can’t replace. That is the feeling I got when I was at Lincoln for the game.”

I remember years ago there was a player at Oklahoma that had his bachelors after his sophomore year of eligibility. Was done with his Masters in the third and was working on his doctorate in his fourth.

If Lawrence does come to Nebraska I dub him "Dr Sack". ;)

It's amazing with this guys four-star rating, that besides the Huskers, there are no real big name teams like an OU or Texas. More power to us. Nice info, hopefully we can nag him.

Initially I figured family would win out and see him at KU, but the longer this drags on, I would think it bodes well for NU. Heard he was going to announce sometime in the next week, now word is he wants to use official visit to both before he decides. Gameday experience and he's N. Thoughts?

Oh yah. NOTHING like gameday in Lincoln. I think safety sounds better, unless he beefs up some. :box

Hopefully he will come to Lincoln when NU plays KU, and watches first hand the ass whooping that is going to happen to Jabba and Co

He may move to SS, I read nothing about that, but could be that hard hitting guy.

Damn your right. He would be a awesome SS. He is a crusher!!

hopefully we get him in for a visit and sees the atmosphere in Lincoln during gameday.

hello, should be coming for the NU/ks game, which has been expected for some time, now.

he has scheduled a visit w/ ks, on 10/06, after he visits NU for the NU/ks game, but let's hope that he commits to NU after this weekend, & voids his visit for his ks official

hopefully we get him in for a visit and sees the atmosphere in Lincoln during gameday.

hello, should be coming for the NU/ks game, which has been expected for some time, now.

he has scheduled a visit w/ ks, on 10/06, after he visits NU for the NU/ks game, but let's hope that he commits to NU after this weekend, & voids his visit for his ks official

edit: he will commit to either NU or ks after he visits ks officially next wk:

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=19&p=2&am...d2%26c%3d574608

p.s. according to rivals he should be verballing to either NU or ks sometime this week:

http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=592797

Well with all his college credits already maybe he could be a possible all-american later on. Must have good study habits!!!! :thumbs

Wednesday morning he'll make his decision on Rivals Radio