LB Blake Lawrence

I am not sure he will start out at MIKE bc we dont have very many linebackers for now and it makes sense that Dillard will take over once Mceon is gone. We might just put him at OLB and then look for another top notch inside linebacker this next year. I dont see anything wrong with Lawrence, Dillard, and Stafford at the linebackers. Sounds damn good to me actually.

He's got the field general mentality and hitting ability so MIKE is his future!! He may be the best hitter of this class!!!

:bonez:bonez:bonez

Actually, I believe that Blake has been quoted as saying he was recruited by Nebraska to play the WILL position. They told him that they like how he runs and hope to see him out in space....similar to the way Bo Ruud as been used

He's going to stay at LB, most likely WILL unless we have alot of injuries. He does have some technique issues that the coaches (Coz) will definitely get worked out. I think he will play alot of special teams this year and maybe have a shot at some PT on defense.

Just as long as they don't "coach" his tackling ability out of him!!! :angry:

I'm not even real sure what that means, but all I know is if you want him to make tackles at the college level the exact same way he did in high school, you are going to VERY disappointed in the results. I think Lawrence is going to be a very, very good linebacker, but he does have some things to work on. I am very confident our coaches will help him with that. Say what you will about Coz's schemes and what not, but he has done a great job coaching LB's, especially considering the injuries we have had at that position.

He's going to stay at LB, most likely WILL unless we have alot of injuries. He does have some technique issues that the coaches (Coz) will definitely get worked out. I think he will play alot of special teams this year and maybe have a shot at some PT on defense.

Just as long as they don't "coach" his tackling ability out of him!!! :angry:

I'm not even real sure what that means, but all I know is if you want him to make tackles at the college level the exact same way he did in high school, you are going to VERY disappointed in the results. I think Lawrence is going to be a very, very good linebacker, but he does have some things to work on. I am very confident our coaches will help him with that. Say what you will about Coz's schemes and what not, but he has done a great job coaching LB's, especially considering the injuries we have had at that position.

Sorry bad day. As long as he keeps up the decleating hits everything will be fine for this future blackshirt.