What Did We Learn? - Bethune-Cookman

Mavric

6 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

I learned it wasn’t coaches getting Runza on the sideline, but a Trutee and former basketball standout.  They were however impressed with said Runzas

• Plus1 1

I learned that we can beat FCS teams...thank God. However, more importantly, I learned that I would not trade Scott Frost for any other coach in the nation including the annoying Nick Saban.

Scott Frost is classy, genuine, and embodies everything that is Nebraska Huskers. I am confident that he will get Nebraska back to competing for championships very soon. 

I am still not sold on the defense coordinator. BC is not a juggernaut and our defense did give up some real state and some big plays. Ohio state will play angry at home. They will come down on us like an avalanche. Our offense can score, but can this defense stop the buckeyes? I remain very skeptical.

Finally, I stand by my earlier statements that Mazour is a very good player and deserves some playing time. He can be as good as Ozigbo and Washington if given a chance. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

I learned that we can beat FCS teams...thank God. However, more importantly, I learned that I would not trade Scott Frost for any other coach in the nation including the annoying Nick Saban.

Scott Frost is classy, genuine, and embodies everything that is Nebraska Huskers. I am confident that he will get Nebraska back to competing for championships very soon. 

I am still not sold on the defense coordinator. BC is not a juggernaut and our defense did give up some real state and some big plays. Ohio state will play angry at home. They will come down on us like an avalanche. Our offense can score, but can this defense stop the buckeyes? I remain very skeptical.

Finally, I stand by my earlier statements that Mazour is a very good player and deserves some playing time. He can be as good Ozigbo and Washington if given a chance. 

Eh. Not so fast there buddy.

• Plus1 1

This game had the feel of a spring game. Too early to tailgate. Parking was easy. I got tickets for a great price and took my daughter.  There were lots of kids there and many of them at their first game. Most of the team got to play. And like a spring game an almost guaranteed win :)

Better at the game then on the game thread. Much more positive. A lot fewer drunks.

I didn't see the safety on Vedral's long interception either. I was watching from his angle and thought TD!

I'm looking forward to more of these types of games in the future. Where people that put in years of work, get a chance to play and be cheered by an almost full stadium.

13 hours ago, teachercd said:

FSU fans are depressed because they hired the wrong coach.  WT is the recruiter they need but until he tells his OC and DC "Do what you think will work"...FSU is screwed. 

When Game Day kicked off this year, IIRC they said he would make the quickest impact with all the talent he had at FSU....Hasn't panned out yet.

17 minutes ago, irafreak said:

I will add that the last two weekends of football have shown me that we're not as far off as I had been starting to fear. With purdue and northwestern looking good in big wins, we are in the middle of the pack and not on the bottom despite our record. 

I would agree.  That and the national recognition players are getting and the stats the O is putting up and general "eye test" improvement we are seeing.  I still think we are a few years off from being a constant contender, but moving steadily in the right direction.  Looking forward to seeing how we do against OSU.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, irafreak said:

I will add that the last two weekends of football have shown me that we're not as far off as I had been starting to fear. With purdue and northwestern looking good in big wins, we are in the middle of the pack and not on the bottom despite our record. 

Other than the wins, we are where we should be. Caught a lot of bad breaks, didn't capitalize on some...that's a 3 or 4 game swing.  How high this thing eventually goes, as we all know, comes down to recruiting. Some really good there, but lacking at a few key positions.

I think what this year is showing is we should, at a minimum, be highly competitive in the West, and honestly only behind PSU/Mich/OSU because they'll out recruit us most of the time. This team, in the last few weeks, has shown they can overcome adversity and grind through this learning year. 

• Plus1 1