What Did We Learn? - Bethune-Cookman

Mavric

On 10/27/2018 at 6:19 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

I learned that the Big Ten should follow the SEC example and schedule these types of opponents in October and November every year. It’s like an extra bye week. 

I agree! Also with having a game like this later in the season, and the new 4 game redshirt rule, it allows freshman more time to learn the playbook and will be very beneficial in the long term.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

My only significant takeaway this weekend was depth is still clearly lacking in some key areas. But, I was really impressed to see Scott make the most of this in the second half. He could've kept all the starters in for a couple of drives but I think he felt they'd done what they needed to do there and he made a philosophical move to get the most out of the game that he could.

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

My only significant takeaway this weekend was depth is still clearly lacking in some key areas. But, I was really impressed to see Scott make the most of this in the second half. He could've kept all the starters in for a couple of drives but I think he felt they'd done what they needed to do there and he made a philosophical move to get the most out of the game that he could.

Mostly agree, but given that Nebraska's last possessions of the first half had gotten a bit sloppy, I would have liked the first offensive unit to have opened the second half and regained their focus before giving it over to the second unit. It's a little more respectful to both the opponent and the second unit. 

16 hours ago, teachercd said:

It was a bad hire from the start.  He is a good recruiter but needs to hire some stud X's and O's guys.  He has now gotten two really good jobs with little merit.  

That place is loaded with Talent because Jimbo's staff recruited great. So I dont think his best asset of "recruiting" is going to help them. They are already loaded. 

If you cant win with perennial top 10 classes then you got issues. 

I like that we were able to see the need for more depth.  The reason I like it is because I don't recall the last time the Huskers destroyed an over matched opponent and got to roll in the backup's.  This was my expectation for the game and it was met.  (I actually do recall past games going deep on the depth chart into double jersey numbers but that kinda shows my age.)