Keith Williams

11 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Williams sucks compared to Walters.

Walters sucks compared to Williams.

How the hell do y’all know this when one of them has only coached here 8 months?

Also, what is the standard for comparison? We have 2 great receivers so we clearly are supposed to have 3 or more and since we don’t Walters sucks. So, what was the 3 receiver duo that was better when Williams was here?

Walters has smith who was a 2nd rounder from UCF.

before Williams we had outstanding WR too with Westy, Enunwa, couple others that are slipping my mind

2 hours ago, Husker2019 said:

Listening to one of the local radio stations the other day and they said our wide receivers have not improved since Scott Frost has arrived. Do you guys agree with this? With having such an elite wide receiver coach still living in Lincoln is there any way we can get Keith Williams back on the staff? 

I am also excluding Stanley Morgan and JD Spielman from this discussion since they are naturally gifted athletes.

What local show are we talking about?

I know nothing about assistant coaches abilities.....so I got nothin'.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Are you serious, Clark?

Kind of my thoughts exactly.  I dont remember reading or hearing about NFL receivers and other college receivers going to workout with Walters. 

Walters has coached some good receivers but when it comes to mechanics of the position,  Williams is considered the best in the game. 

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Kind of my thoughts exactly.  I dont remember reading or hearing about NFL receivers and other college receivers going to workout with Walters. 

Walters has coached some good receivers but when it comes to mechanics of the position,  Williams is considered the best in the game. 

So if a select group of dudes don’t come train with you in the off-season, you’re trash? Goodness. The guy was a Biletnikoff winner. He probably has a pretty good idea of what he is doing too. And this is coming from me, who loves williams and wanted him to stay on.

• Plus1 4
22 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

So if a select group of dudes don’t come train with you in the off-season, you’re trash? Goodness. The guy was a Biletnikoff winner. He probably has a pretty good idea of what he is doing too. And this is coming from me, who loves williams and wanted him to stay on.

Your reading comprehension is crap but its not surprising coming from you. 

Where in my statement did I mention Walters was a trash coach?  

I just said that Williams is considered the best in the buisness when it comes to the mechanics of the position.  That is why he has a number of players come and work with him during the offseason. 

• Fire 1
1 minute ago, Stumpy1 said:

I just said that Williams is considered the best in the buisness when it comes to the mechanics of the position.  That is why he has a number of players come and work with him during the offseason. 

Got a source for that? 

5 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Fine, you didn’t say trash.

But, you’re implying he is better because a handful of NFL guys work with him in the off-season. I just don’t see that being a reason he is better. Again, I LOVED Williams here and still do, but you’re just throwing s#!t at the wall.

Um what?? I think the WR's have not only gotten better at their skill set, they also have developed the talent of blocking.

I live on the west coast and am familiar with Oregon football. I knew Frost was a good coach when he went to Oregon as a WR coach. Oregon for years had talented WR's but they were always underachieving. After Frosh arrived the first thing I noticed was they started blocking like crazy and they took extreme pride in blocking for their running backs. Following the sudden blocking mentality came big time wide receivers making big plays. Suddenly Oregon's WR unit was good and a major contributor to their success, this was in large part because of how Frost coached them and the mentality he instilled in them.

I've seen that take place already this year. Was it the Purdue game where Frost started playing back up WR's and these guys started blocking really well. You can see it. So I think our WR's are doing better than they ever have, JD's and Morgans stats also speak to their skill set success. Williams can join the staff in some way to be a recruiter, but as far as coaching WR's? No thanks, we are just fine in that category.