Keith Williams

34 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Um what?? I think the WR's have not only gotten better at their skill set, they also have developed the talent of blocking.

I live on the west coast and am familiar with Oregon football. I knew Frost was a good coach when he went to Oregon as a WR coach. Oregon for years had talented WR's but they were always underachieving. After Frosh arrived the first thing I noticed was they started blocking like crazy and they took extreme pride in blocking for their running backs. Following the sudden blocking mentality came big time wide receivers making big plays. Suddenly Oregon's WR unit was good and a major contributor to their success, this was in large part because of how Frost coached them and the mentality he instilled in them.

I've seen that take place already this year. Was it the Purdue game where Frost started playing back up WR's and these guys started blocking really well. You can see it. So I think our WR's are doing better than they ever have, JD's and Morgans stats also speak to their skill set success. Williams can join the staff in some way to be a recruiter, but as far as coaching WR's? No thanks, we are just fine in that category.  

When WRs block it puts uncertainty into the defenders' heads. They don't like to be hit, and they are always wondering if the WR is heading out for a route or if the WR is going to drill them. This makes it easier to get open.

7 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

No one who ever coached with MR at Nebraska or elsewhere should ever be allowed to coach at Nebraska. The entire program was poison under MR. It is taking a long time to change the culture. Keep the poison away.

I’m with you. I don’t care if Williams is considered a great position coach, he was part of the worst staff in the modern history of NU.  I don’t want him back. 

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, Husker2019 said:

Listening to one of the local radio stations the other day and they said our wide receivers have not improved since Scott Frost has arrived. Do you guys agree with this? With having such an elite wide receiver coach still living in Lincoln is there any way we can get Keith Williams back on the staff? 

I am also excluding Stanley Morgan and JD Spielman from this discussion since they are naturally gifted athletes.

Keith...this is AWESOME

• Plus1 1

48 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Including all the people and things involved when Sam Foltz passed away?

Are you going for an all-or-nothing argument: if Nebraska was able to cope with the death of Sam Foltz and commemorate one of its departed sons under MR, than MR was a good coach that did no harm to this program? Not a strong argument, and I would say shameful to try to use that tragedy to prove a point.

• Plus1 4
25 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

Are you going for an all-or-nothing argument: if Nebraska was able to cope with the death of and commemorate one of its departed sons under MR, than MR was a good coach that did no harm to this program? Not a strong argument, and I would say shameful to try to use that tragedy to prove a point.

No. I'm not making the argument. @MichiganDad3 is making the argument.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The problem with most people who defend Mike Riley is that they consistently point to “off the field” items to show how good of a coach he is. Coaches are paid for their on the field results. 

The problem I have with a statement like, "The entire program was poison under MR" is that it completely disrespects and trivializes all of the players that made huge sacrifices for their team, all of the coaches that gave back to the community and the university and the city, all of the moments and events that were incredibly important and impactful for people involved. 

Riley was bad at being a coach under a bad AD who failed in the most important part of his job expectations. We don't need to keep hyperbolizing it further and further and further. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2