Keith Williams

1 hour ago, MichiganDad3 said:

No one who ever coached with MR at Nebraska or elsewhere should ever be allowed to coach at Nebraska. The entire program was poison under MR. It is taking a long time to change the culture. Keep the poison away.

Suck it, John Parrella. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Off the top of my head, I would say that would be Spielman and McQuitty. Although Spielman was more of a “Riley in general” recruit and doesn’t seem like the type of WR that Williams was looking for. 

Correct.  He also did help to hold on to Stanley (who committed under Bo).

So knowing that, do people still want KW around?

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Correct.  He also did help to hold on to Stanley (who committed under Bo).

So knowing that, do people still want KW around?

I give credit to Riley for the recruitment of Spielman. JD was going to play lacrosse in college (at Ohio State) when Riley met Chris Spielman soon after Riley got the NU job. Chris told Riley about JD, and the recruitment began. That’s good work on Riley, but I’m not sure how much KW was involved in his recruitment.  

• Fire 1
10 hours ago, Husker2019 said:

Listening to one of the local radio stations the other day and they said our wide receivers have not improved since Scott Frost has arrived. Do you guys agree with this? With having such an elite wide receiver coach still living in Lincoln is there any way we can get Keith Williams back on the staff? 

I am also excluding Stanley Morgan and JD Spielman from this discussion since they are naturally gifted athletes.

I get that Coach Williams has a following, but if he’s so elite, then why isn’t he on someone’s staff- college or pro?

• Plus1 2