Keith Williams

4 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

I get that Coach Williams has a following, but if he’s so elite, then why isn’t he on someone’s staff- college or pro?

He’s getting paid for this year from his contract at NU. Maybe he’s trying to figure out what he wants to do going forward, while earning some extra $ on the side by working with NFL receivers.  I don’t think it’s a big issue that he’s not coaching anywhere this year. 

8 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

He’s getting paid for this year from his contract at NU. Maybe he’s trying to figure out what he wants to do going forward, while earning some extra $ on the side by working with NFL receivers.  I don’t think it’s a big issue that he’s not coaching anywhere this year. 

No...that argument of "how come he isn't working at _____________ if he is so good" only works for Solich and Bo.

• Plus1 1

I liked KW, but I think the current staff is doing fine.  If there is an opening and he fits into what coach Frost wants to do, then they should hire him.  Our Dynamic Duo is on the verge of having an EPIC year.  I see some improved and great blocking on some of these long runs.  I can't complain about the current WR coaching job being done.

Mike Riley is a nice guy, a really good man. Honestly even the disaster record he had at Nebraska, I'd still want my kid to play for Riley because I think Riley in the grand scheme of things would be able to teach my kid the right things well beyond the football field for his 4 years of college. But the guy isn't a great football coach. 

13 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Mike Riley is a nice guy, a really good man. Honestly even the disaster record he had at Nebraska, I'd still want my kid to play for Riley because I think Riley in the grand scheme of things would be able to teach my kid the right things well beyond the football field for his 4 years of college. But the guy isn't a great football coach. 

I'm not so sure about the bolded. I don't want to pile on Riley just because of the stain that his coaching left on the program, and yeah he is a nice guy. But many of the values from participating in sports include: hard work, discipline, and accountability. Riley did not teach those things (not very well, anyway). I'm not sure what I would expect my own kid to learn if he played for Riley. 

• Plus1 7

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

I'm not so sure about the bolded. I don't want to pile on Riley just because of the stain that his coaching left on the program, and yeah he is a nice guy. But many of the values from participating in sports include: hard work, discipline, and accountability. Riley did not teach those things (not very well, anyway). I'm not sure what I would expect my own kid to learn if he played for Riley. 

Talk nicely?