Ohio State Spread

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Oh trust me...I agree.

I just really hope the D can hold it together for this game.  

I just hope our offense can keep it rolling. I have no expectation of our defense doing much to slow them down. Outscoring them in a high scoring affair will be the only way. If Purdue can beat them like they did, anything is possible.

2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Yea I am with @MichiganDad3 here. OSUs strengths line up with our weaknesses. They may well throw for 70 times again this week, but it will be because it is working so well. We will do well enough against the run but our pass defense isn't good and their pass offense is really good.

If we could stop the slant to the slot receiver, we would ruin every OC's game plan........Why we can not seem to stop that (EVER) is beyond me.  Talent?  Scheme?

• Plus1 2
26 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I’m pretty impressed with how many people act like the spread dictates how the game will actually go. I picked 4 pretty heavy favorites this last week and not one of them covered and actually all 4 lost straight up. They play the games for a reason.

You are a jinx!  Haha

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

If we could stop the slant to the slot receiver, we would ruin every OC's game plan........Why we can not seem to stop that (EVER) is beyond me.  Talent?  Scheme?

I think chin is blitzing more trying to get pressure on the QB . The best way to beat a blitz is screens and short passes getting the ball out of the QBs hands quickly . I think other teams OCs are reading the blitzes  and adjusting . 

• Plus1 1