Ohio State Week Pressers

Mavric

45 minutes ago, Undone said:

Man. Around the 7:50ish mark there was some hard-hitting questions for sure. Urban did a really good job answering them, though.

As an Ohio State fan, are you feeling that there's something more beneath the surface there for Urban beyond just losing to Purdue?

I don't try an read into it all that much. This is a flawed team from the start of the year. They were lucky the past few years to be able to replace first round talent in the secondary and this year it isn't happening. Also, I think that Meyer likes to have a running QB since it adds to the running game and it makes the defense account for the QB. Over the past few years he could count on the QB getting the yard they needed.  Oh, and not having a Bosa doesn't help.

As for the Purdue game, I don't know what it is with Purdue, but they usually give OSU fits. Sometimes OSU just have those games where they lose and you wonder what the heck is going on in Columbus. 

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I don't normally watch his pc's, so i don't have a benchmark for his usual style, but his body language in this particlar one was not good.  He seemed beaten down.

People see what they want to see. I think this is how he typically acts after a loss.

40 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm hoping these two wins have gotten whatever stigmas were in the player's heads out. If we can keep the game close through halftime time and only make one or two mistkes (maybe a pick or ill-times penalty) we have a great chance. All we need if it's a close game is a turnover in our favor, a defensive stand followed by a touchdown and we could have the game. I think that would spook the shell shocked Bucks. They just didn't have a killer instinct in them against Purdue, it's like they lost all fight when Purdue kept pace.

14 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I'm hoping these two wins have gotten whatever stigmas were in the player's heads out. If we can keep the game close through halftime time and only make one or two mistkes (maybe a pick or ill-times penalty) we have a great chance. All we need if it's a close game is a turnover in our favor, a defensive stand followed by a touchdown and we could have the game. I think that would spook the shell shocked Bucks. They just didn't have a killer instinct in them against Purdue, it's like they lost all fight when Purdue kept pace.

I hope this is the case too.  Keep the game close until halftime and see what happens after that.  One thing that certainly gives me pause about going full blown kool-aid mode is that Ohio State usually only has one brain fart game per year under Meyer (2 this year as they looked awful against Minny) and after they get past that game they really turn it on.  That being said, I'm really excited for this game despite NU being a 3 TD dog as I think this game will be a great litmus test for the rest of they year.  Even though NU will always feel some pressure to play well each week as that's the cost of doing business when you're a big time program NU really has nothing to lose here and I think they're going to play loose and dialed in.