Ohio State Week Pressers

Mavric

The offense has been playing very well.  It seems like they are executing the basics in the offense pretty well.  Because of that, I expect some new wrinkle to be installed for this game.  That will be interesting to see.

I would like to think a new wrinkle is also installed for the defense......but......I'm less confident in them being able to do that.

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The offense has been playing very well.  It seems like they are executing the basics in the offense pretty well.  Because of that, I expect some new wrinkle to be installed for this game.  That will be interesting to see.

I would like to think a new wrinkle is also installed for the defense......but......I'm less confident in them being able to do that.

i'm willing to bet we see a lot of new stuff for this game.  Stuff they've probably been working on for a while but haven't shown until this point.  A new wrinkle for the defense would be covering the slot and rushing the QB

19 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

i'm willing to bet we see a lot of new stuff for this game.  Stuff they've probably been working on for a while but haven't shown until this point.  A new wrinkle for the defense would be covering the slot and rushing the QB

They’ve clearly tried to rush the QB. 

I just want the secondary to play fundamentally sounds. Be within a step of the defender and just make tackles if they catch it. We can weather the storm if they can just be fundamentally sound in the passing game. Let them nickle and dime it down the field and that's a game we can win. If we give up big chunk plays, we won't be able to keep pace on offense. I'm not worried too much about the running game with 44 back in the middle, but tOSU's passing prowess scares the crap out of me.

43 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I just want the secondary to play fundamentally sounds. Be within a step of the defender and just make tackles if they catch it. We can weather the storm if they can just be fundamentally sound in the passing game. Let them nickle and dime it down the field and that's a game we can win. If we give up big chunk plays, we won't be able to keep pace on offense. I'm not worried too much about the running game with 44 back in the middle, but tOSU's passing prowess scares the crap out of me.

My fear is that this QB can place the ball on a dime so we need to smother their receivers.  That means....we won't get it done....or....get PI penalties all game long.

I pray that our DBs have a very good game.  It's my biggest concern on the team.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

My fear is that this QB can place the ball on a dime so we need to smother their receivers.  That means....we won't get it done....or....get PI penalties all game long.

I pray that our DBs have a very good game.  It's my biggest concern on the team.

Totally agree. They're going to make catches, but we need to be there to make tackles when they do. I can't handle them making good plays on us as long as it's not because we busted.

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Totally agree. They're going to make catches, but we need to be there to make tackles when they do. I can't handle them making good plays on us as long as it's not because we busted.

A good start would be a DB turning their head around once and awhile. 

7 minutes ago, billdozer15 said:

A good start would be a DB turning their head around once and awhile. 

That is one of the toughest things to do in football.  It requires you to be in phase with the WR.  Most of the times our DBs are not in phase with the WR so it is not a wise decision to turn your head around yet.  The DBs have shown improvement playing the ball throughout the year