Urban's Health

Mavric

I don't ever feel audacious enough to assume that people are lying about stuff like this.

I've read plenty of articles of Urban's health problems at Florida. They seemed plenty legitimate. Maybe also simultaneously used as an excuse, but no reason to believe or to err on the side of thinking someone is a dirty liar. Especially when his profession is unfathomably stressful. So much so that people in his line of work are guaranteed millions of dollars even if they fail.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I don't ever feel audacious enough to assume that people are lying about stuff like this.

I've read plenty of articles of Urban's health problems at Florida. They seemed plenty legitimate. Maybe also simultaneously used as an excuse, but no reason to believe or to err on the side of thinking someone is a dirty liar. Especially when his profession is unfathomably stressful. So much so that people in his line of work are guaranteed millions of dollars even if they fail.

If you are still thinking this then you haven't been paying attention.

• Plus1 1

Urban seems like a scumbag who's revealed true colors in certain avenues. Someone I will forever root against having success. But a piece of s#!t head coach, working in one of the most stressful jobs imaginable, and facing even more stress from how much of a piece of s#!t they've been revealed to be, suffering from debilitating amounts of stress? Doesn't seem unreasonable.

If anyone has links demonstrating how Urban's past health issues were strictly a smokescreen I'd be glad to see them and have an open mind about it. 

• Plus1 2

I’d like to say that nobody saw this coming but.........

@Landlord There is (was) a pretty easy solution for Urban to reduce his stress. Telling the truth, doing the right thing and being a decent human being would seem to be a good start. Unfortunately he has chosen other paths. Hard to feel too sorry for him when so much of that stress is self inflicted.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I’d like to say that nobody saw this coming but.........

@Landlord There is (was) a pretty easy solution for Urban to reduce his stress. Telling the truth, doing the right thing and being a decent human being would seem to be a good start. Unfortunately he has chosen other paths. Hard to feel too sorry for him when so much of that stress is self inflicted.

I'm not saying I feel sorry for him, and I'm not saying he hasn't brought it on himself. I'm saying that I don't know of any reason to think that the health issues he has faced in the past and faces currently are not legitimate health issues.

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

I'm not saying I feel sorry for him, and I'm not saying he hasn't brought it on himself. I'm saying that I don't know of any reason to think that the health issues he has faced in the past and faces currently are not legitimate health issues.

Yes, I'm sure the current health issues are legitimate and not fabricated. I wish him well, seriously. But to the extent his high stress job may be contributing, I'm just saying he could of made a whole bunch of better choices to reduce that stress.

2 hours ago, Toe said:

So if this has been going on for a few years, why bring it up now, in the middle of the season? To save face for a 'retirement' at the end of this season?

It does seem like a perfectly reasonable time for a coach to bring up one more thing that could distract his team. The more distractions, the better you play!

Actually, when you think of mid-‘90s Nebraska, that might hold some weight lol.