Urban's Health

Mavric

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

That would seem to be a critical piece of information if you're going to try to pass off the "he's only answering the media's questions" take.

I'm not trying to pass anything off I was just typing out thoughts and wagering a guess.

The first two paragraphs of the article you linked say, "Ohio State coach Urban Meyer, in an effort to address questions about his health..." and "Since kneeling down on the sideline in a game against Indiana on Oct. 6 because of severe headaches, Meyer has been peppered with questions about his health and future in coaching."

So I figure he's probably getting asked a lot of questions about it, and that maybe (per the first sentence) the questions preceded the explanation. I don't know that that's true. I just read the words of the article and inferred that it's probably at least part of it.

• 3 weeks later...

He may retire this year, but the way he is acting on the sidelines isn't all that abnormal. 

For example, here is the end of the Purdue game in 2012. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbNrFDevmtg

If you look around, you can find examples of this from games throughout his career. The cameras a just on him more now. I will say, he does sometimes hold his head like I do when I have a bad migraine. 

5 hours ago, jaws said:

He may retire this year, but the way he is acting on the sidelines isn't all that abnormal. 

For example, here is the end of the Purdue game in 2012. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbNrFDevmtg

If you look around, you can find examples of this from games throughout his career. The cameras a just on him more now. I will say, he does sometimes hold his head like I do when I have a bad migraine. 

Genuinely sorry your fan base is going through this type of season (again).  I hope his health does improve.  Hate to see anyone go out on a sour note tho.  Hopefully your team rises above vs Michigan then on to Northwestern.