Going To Do This

Well I am glad you haven’t experienced it Moraine!  When it comes to abuse, I DO know!!!  I was in a coma from abuse!  You have no idea what you are talking about!  You don’t think having a man being drunk out of his mind, locking you out of the house, then finally letting you in the house and then having him scream at you and then hit you and then forcing himself on you isn’t abuse!!  YOU are the one who is being disrespectful!  Go to a rehab center and talk to women there who have been through it!  I was in rehab and talked to many women there who went through abuse like I went through!  I was one of the lucky ones who survived!  

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Roxy15 said:

Well I am glad you haven’t experienced it Moraine!  When it comes to abuse, I DO know!!!  I was in a coma from abuse!  You have no idea what you are talking about!  You don’t think having a man being drunk out of his mind, locking you out of the house, then finally letting you in the house and then having him scream at you and then hit you isn’t abuse???  YOU are the one who is being disrespectful!  Go to a rehab center and talk to women there who have been through it!  I was in rehab and talked to many women there who went through abuse!  

Pretty sure that Moiraine never claimed being hit wasnt abuse. 

She was talking about the other part and in no means did it seem like she was being disrespectful.

Well thx to her I am crying my head off  right now because I am reliving everything that was done to me and to the women who I got to be friends with at rehab!  She hasn’t a clue what it is like and I am glad she doesn’t!  How dare her say that I  being disrespectful! There are all kinds of abuse and for her to tell me that I am being disrespectful is an insult to me and my friends I met at rehab!!  I wouldn’t wish what I and the women that I met through rehab on my worse enemy!  Having someone control you, yelling at you, hit you locking you out of the house and raping you and more IS abuse!  Her and I live in different worlds!  I have nothing against you Minnesota Husker just to be clear on that!  Just when I think I am getting stronger, I have to read s-t that she says!      

2 minutes ago, Redux said:

Yeah she didn't say any of that.  She just said she doesn't think lying, blaming and yelling are abuse.  That's it.

That is how I took it as well.

Roxy- No one here would ever mock what you went through and it sounds awful. That being said, if you are going to post things like that, the whole point of a message board is to openly discuss things. She disagreed on what she believes is abuse. That wasnt a personal attack at you or what you went through, just her opinion.

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I respectfully disagree, and calling lying and blaming and yelling “domestic violence” is disrespectful 

1 hour ago, Roxy15 said:

You don’t think having a man being drunk out of his mind, locking you out of the house, then finally letting you in the house and then having him scream at you and then hit you and then forcing himself on you isn’t abuse!! 

Nobody has said that Roxy.

Well my suggestion is for her to go to a rehab center and talk to women there who got yelled at for not having dinner on the table at the time her husband told her to have it ready and get hit in the face and then raped!  See if she thinks that way then!!!  I know we all have our own opinions on stuff and that is all good but don’t be saying crap like she said if she hasn’t experienced it or know of someone who has!  Even after all everything my friends at rehab and I went through, we found strength that we thought we never had!!  I have made jokes about what happened to me to my  friends!  I can either move on from it and laugh or be sad.  I would rather be happy!  It is her stupidity that makes me angry and sad!  

9 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I'll say the same thing Moiraine said. Lying and yelling are not abuse. They do not count as abuse. 

2 minutes ago, Calvin said:

I think lying and yelling can be abuse.  But it's not violence, which is I think the confusion here.  

Not sure how I feel on lying, but yelling can be non violent (i.e. verbal) abuse depending on what's being said, whether it's a pattern, whether it's used to destroy someone's self worth or manipulate them, etc.