2018 College Football Playoff Rankings

Mavric

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don't think Florida should be ahead of UCF.

Yeah, give the little guys a chance. I like how they talk about UCF not playing anybody, well of course they haven't played anyone because they are not in the Power 5. If the big schools won't play them how will they have a chance to get it. This is where a 6 or 8 team playoff makes sense to give schools like UCF a chance.

18 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

Yeah, give the little guys a chance. I like how they talk about UCF not playing anybody, well of course they haven't played anyone because they are not in the Power 5. If the big schools won't play them how will they have a chance to get it. This is where a 6 or 8 team playoff makes sense to give schools like UCF a chance.

I think they should rank more little guys who lost to SEC teams.  Since losing in the SEC is a now an accomplishment. 

My list by the end of the year looks like this:

Alabama

Clemson

Michigan

West Virginia

I know it is not the typical list, but I had some fun with a less than likely scenario.  WVU would beat Oklahoma twice which would trump a one loss ND after they lost to Syracuse in Yankee stadium.  LSU would be angry being left out after loses to two good teams and Washington State loses a close one in the Apple Cup.  The final is another epic rematch of Bama and Clemson and I wish I could predict a Tiger win, but I just don't think they will.  

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

My new favorite scenario - even though it means hoping Notre Dame wins out.

They would probably bump Michigan out so they could have ND vs UGA, and Bama vs Clemson so they could try for another all-$EC sham of a title game