2018 College Football Playoff Rankings

Mavric

4 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I agree, and I think we're already on that path. If Georgia moves up after losing I see lots of chaos coming.  Don't be dumb Kirk.

They will go head over heels to try and get a two loss Georgia team in, but give an undefeated UCF team who won without their star starting QB zero chance to get in. The Playoff system is flawed, and will be expanded to 6 or 8 teams in the next 3-5.

Georgia is definitely a top 5 team in the country. I think if they could have forced OT or lost on a last-second pass or terrible call they could have snuck in. 

I think OU at #4 is how it should be and here are my rankings

1. Bama

2. Clemson

3. Notre Dame

4. Oklahoma

5. Georgia 

6. OSU

7.UCF

8. Michigan

And so on

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

Georgia is definitely a top 5 team in the country. I think if they could have forced OT or lost on a last-second pass or terrible call they could have snuck in. 

I think OU at #4 is how it should be and here are my rankings

1. Bama

2. Clemson

3. Notre Dame

4. Oklahoma

5. Georgia 

6. OSU

7.UCF

8. Michigan

And so on

I'm flopping OSU and Oklahoma from your picks.  Oklahoma defense keeps them out.

1. Bama

2. Clemson

3. Notre Dame

4. OSU

5. Georgia 

6. Oklahoma

7.UCF

I think the precedent last year with Bama over OSU was losses more than taking what they thought were the best team. OSU's loss to Purdue should keep them out this year, but the only negative with Oklahoma is their defense. Committee should not overthink it,  every other time a team has lost, they have dropped. Georgia lost, so they should drop below Oklahoma (they also had their shot at Alabama).

1. Gumps

2. Clemson

3. ND

4. tOSU

5. OU

6. UCF

7. Georgia

8. Washington

This would be my 8 teams for the playoff.  The top 4 is who I think should be in this year.  I was torn between tOSU and OU but it came down which team's defense could have the best chance to stop the other team.  I think tOSU's defense is better then OU's. 

1) Alabama

2) Clemson

3) Notre Dame

4) Oklahoma

5) Ohio State

6) Georgia

7) UCF

8) Washington

This is how I 'd stack them up.  Georgia is a good team but can't believe all the love for them losing.  You drop when you lose and teams behind you win their conference championships.  They had their shot and lost.  Just last week same pundits were saying OSU because look how they took care of Michigan.  Well, OSU is not going to make it.  So how does Georgia get in when they somewhat choked away the game and let Bama's "back-up" QB beat them.  Not happening.  OSU to the Rose.  And Georgia to the Sugar is not bad for either team.  

And I am not for a 8 team playoff.  It just diminishes the regular season and bowl games.