Tim Miles Hot Seat Watch

20 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Explain to me how you define success?

He has a worse winning percentage than Doc Sadler.

Has won all of zero NCAA Tournament games.

He brought us some national attention but lets hold back on the whole "more success than our program has ever had" because that isnt true.

Your argument is premature.  The discussion is if he gets us to the NCCA & gets the first win.   Your points are if he does not and we all know he will probably be gone if he does not with this team.

I can understand the negative sentiments to a degree but I must be watching something different from what the most critical are.  Over the last 43 games, we are 30-13.  That's better than most in our conference including Indiana, Maryland, Wisconsin etc.  Again, TM isn't a world beater (yet?) but the results are there right now.  We may as well enjoy them and be positive.  I realize we lose a lot of talent this coming year but we see freshmen stars emerge in basketball yearly.  If we can make a decent tournament run, maybe we attract a couple here?    

• Plus1 3

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wouldn’t say it’s that cut and dried. 

Maybe not. We'll see.... I sense a little impatience from Moos regarding Miles. I think people are starting to realize that Miles' has a team that has the potential to be a 2nd weekend tourney team. If he can't win one game in the tournament with this roster?... Will he ever win one?

• Plus1 1
49 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Maybe not. We'll see.... I sense a little impatience from Moos regarding Miles. I think people are starting to realize that Miles' has a team that has the potential to be a 2nd weekend tourney team. If he can't win one game in the tournament with this roster?... Will he ever win one?

Would you have the same thoughts if in late February Palmer or Watson blows his knee out?

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wait......so, you're saying that after he gives us more success than our program has ever had......he should just bow his head and shuffle out the side door?

No, I’m thinking it would be a mutual departure as Moos doesn’t appear to be a fan of his antics.  It’s also the collective thought for a lot of the national pundits, that there’s a chance Miles won’t be here next year regardless of which direction this year goes.  I more so meant what I said based on the fact that Moos has said football and basketball are the two most important sports for the university and I think he wants his own guy.  Coupled with the fact that the Miles tenure will always be a roller coaster and it’s pretty obvious we will take a massive step back next year. 

25 minutes ago, Blackshirts007 said:

No, I’m thinking it would be a mutual departure as Moos doesn’t appear to be a fan of his antics.  It’s also the collective thought for a lot of the national pundits, that there’s a chance Miles won’t be here next year regardless of which direction this year goes.  I more so meant what I said based on the fact that Moos has said football and basketball are the two most important sports for the university and I think he wants his own guy.  Coupled with the fact that the Miles tenure will always be a roller coaster and it’s pretty obvious we will take a massive step back next year. 

So....pretty much like I said. 

On 12/9/2018 at 10:15 AM, gobiggergoredder said:

The weird thing about this season is if they do well this year, he gets rewarded and they immediately go back to the B1G basement.  The best indicator of future performance is previous performance.  He's had 6 years.

If he does well this year he should get rewarded. If we immediately go back to the B1G basement after that, then he should punished. Maybe he's not the guy, but can we maybe at least try to enjoy this season before we start focusing on the gloom of the next one and a hypothetical scenario where our coach is bad and/or we need a new one?

On 12/9/2018 at 10:18 PM, mrandyk said:

No one else has ever had the support that Tim Miles has had.

No one else has also faced opponents with the collective level of support that opponents have had. We have more money/commitment/blah blah towards basketball than ever, but so does everybody else. 

idk if Miles is 'the guy' other than the fact that right now he is our coach, which means he is the guy, which means I'll pull for him. Especially when he's a very likeable guy who runs his program clean and with integrity the best I can tell. But anyone entertaining an idea where he gets us to previously unreached heights and then walks away - where exactly do you imagine he'll go? His entire life/career has been around the Dakotas/Midwest. It's obvious he likes and maybe even loves it in Lincoln, and that he fits the midwestern/heartland/small town culture. As @gobiggergoredder said, the best indicator of future performance is previous performance and we have decades worth of Miles' performance in places not that dissimilar to Lincoln. How many places fit that bill that would be an upward or even lateral move? Or is he just going to willingly after the best season in school history take a big cut in salary/resources/program prestige and voluntarily uproot his family because...maybe the athletic director has him on a little bit of a short leash?

• Plus1 1