Tim Miles Hot Seat Watch

2 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

And yes he will be here next year, unless he really f's this up, which is possible!

This is about how harsh I have been!  Yet you eye roll me and hurt me to my very core?

And why didn't you give an eye roll to the dude that posted it better than I did?!?!!  THAT ISN'T FAIR!  Haha

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I get it, I do.  

But some of these fans pretending like Miles has been doing some sweet job at NU are crazy.  

If you (not you, but fans) think he is replacements for Palmer, Watson and Copeland on the bench...you (again, not you) are nuts.  

I think Copeland will be much harder to replace than the other two.  He is the most efficient player on the team.  I think Burke will replace Palmer & the point guard will be more of a committee thing.  In theory Roby could replace Copeland, but he would have to be much more aggressive.

1 minute ago, ECisGod said:

I think Copeland will be much harder to replace than the other two.  He is the most efficient player on the team.  I think Burke will replace Palmer & the point guard will be more of a committee thing.  In theory Roby could replace Copeland, but he would have to be much more aggressive.

I am starting to think Roby just isn't wired that way.

Replacing Palmer will be hard because he makes his own shot.

In the end, replacing Watson will be the key.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

This is about how harsh I have been!  Yet you eye roll me and hurt me to my very core?

And why didn't you give an eye roll to the dude that posted it better than I did?!?!!  THAT ISN'T FAIR!  Haha

I lost it on the Minnesota game, as that was the worse coaching I've seen in a quite awhile.  I felt a little better that he took the blame.   The kids seem to like him as what we seen in the Creighton game.  Like you, I believe that the current staff will not get us to the next level.  Miles needs an asst. coach that knows offense.  That in my opinion will be the only way he can save his job over the next year or 2.

17 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I lost it on the Minnesota game, as that was the worse coaching I've seen in a quite awhile.  I felt a little better that he took the blame.   The kids seem to like him as what we seen in the Creighton game.  Like you, I believe that the current staff will not get us to the next level.  Miles needs an asst. coach that knows offense.  That in my opinion will be the only way he can save his job over the next year or 2.

I think he is gone...and I don't think he is getting "fired" but I think he knows that he is better off taking a new gig when he can.  Moos is clearly looking for a new coach.

Just now, teachercd said:

I think he is gone...and I don't think he is getting "fired" but I think he knows that he is better off taking a new gig when he can.  Moos is clearly looking for a new coach.

I've told people around my office (mostly Jayskers since I live in Omaha), that the best case scenario for the Huskers would be that Miles takes them to the Sweet 16 and then a "bigger" basketball school "steals" him.  We then can, hopefully, hire a coach who isn't a mid-major "up & comer".  Hopefully an assistant on a traditional power or a coach who has had success at a major school, but has been out of coaching for a year or two.