Tim Miles Hot Seat Watch

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Why are people acting like Miles wasn't almost canned last year?  And the year before?

The dude has 9 lives right now...that is awesome for him.  But even with a great season and making the dance it isn't like he all of a sudden learned how to coach.  The guy has been coaching for 20 years and been a HC for what, 15-20 years?  Dude is a .500 coach (or so?)

The reason this year looks good is because of two transfers (lucky to have them and that is a compliment but getting awesome transfers is lucky) and a 4 year PG.

And those transfers will go cold several times in conference and they will lose by 15.  This team looks the exact same as it always has which should be troubling to just about everyone because there is a lot of talent on the floor.  I think the D is actually getting worse.

He is in better shape then previous years because he doesn't have to rely on only one guy to shoot lights out.  The are also slightly better than they have been in rebounding the last few years.  They gone from awful to ok on the boards.  If someone isn't on fire behind the arc, they can't stay with a good team.

19 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

This team looks the exact same as it always has which should be troubling to just about everyone because there is a lot of talent on the floor.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but per my vantage point this team looks not anywhere even close to 'the same' as the last few years' teams.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I'm not saying you're wrong, but per my vantage point this team looks not anywhere even close to 'the same' as the last few years' teams.

Yeah, I'd agree. I do wonder if talent isn't covering some of that up though? You still see traces of the brand of Nebrasketball we all know, and love (obnoxious scoring droughts, inability to close, and hold big leads).

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

Yeah, I'd agree. I do wonder if talent isn't covering some of that up though? You still see traces of the brand of Nebrasketball we all know, and love (obnoxious scoring droughts, inability to close, and hold big leads).

I've only seen one instance each of those three things so far this season. This team is playing with a confidence and a belief in themselves and what they're capable of that I haven't seen in a long time, and in a game defined by runs and momentum swings they've not entirely but mostly (and mostly consistently) plaid well, confident, and aggressive. 

2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I've only seen one instance each of those three things so far this season. This team is playing with a confidence and a belief in themselves and what they're capable of that I haven't seen in a long time, and in a game defined by runs and momentum swings they've not entirely but mostly (and mostly consistently) plaid well, confident, and aggressive. 

Yeah, it's definitely better. This is the first time, in a long time (maybe as far back as I can remember?) where I actually believe that we have a really good team. Even the year we made the run to end the year with Pettaway, there was always a feeling that it might have been smoke and mirrors.

18 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Yeah, it's definitely better. This is the first time, in a long time (maybe as far back as I can remember?) where I actually believe that we have a really good team. Even the year we made the run to end the year with Pettaway, there was always a feeling that it might have been smoke and mirrors.

This his first group that has played together for more than 1 year.  Allen is the only addition and he payed some last year.  The problem with these transfers is keeping them here for 2 years.

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

I really do understand your point and I think that you have a legitimate argument. I just don’t agree.

Miles success has almost exclusively dependent on the outing of one player.  Petteway, Shields and now Palmer.  They bail out his horrible scheme in my opinion. The difference this year is the supporting cast is probably the strongest he’s ever had.  Only thing that gets him back next year is a tournament win in my opinion.

This program got a Maaco paint job.  Looks nice right now.  It’ll be rough again soon.