Tim Miles Hot Seat Watch

16 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I really do understand your point and I think that you have a legitimate argument. I just don’t agree.

Miles success has almost exclusively dependent on the outing of one player.  Petteway, Shields and now Palmer.  They bail out his horrible scheme in my opinion. The difference this year is the supporting cast is probably the strongest he’s ever had.  Only thing that gets him back next year is a tournament win in my opinion.

This program got a Maaco paint job.  Looks nice right now.  It’ll be rough again soon.

You just answered your own question about why this year is a little different.  The supporting cast around Palmer is way stronger than in the past.  That is really the difference between a good team and great teams.  All the traditionally great basketball programs have a strong team.  They may have a couple of really good player/scorers but they have a great supporting cast.  

Next year Nebraska probably will struggle they won't have the players.  So I guess fire Miles at the end of the year.  

• 4 weeks later...

This needs to be it.  I mentioned it before, a Sweet 16 run wouldn't shock me at all.  I would still part ways, mutually or otherwise.  There isn't anything on the roster after this season and Miles has had the exact same weaknesses since day one.  Get through this year and try and peak at the right time and make some noise.  Start over next year and try again.

I don't expect one seeds every year, but this can't be the peak of the program.  

5 minutes ago, Omaha-Husker said:

This needs to be it.  I mentioned it before, a Sweet 16 run wouldn't shock me at all.  I would still part ways, mutually or otherwise.  There isn't anything on the roster after this season and Miles has had the exact same weaknesses since day one.  Get through this year and try and peak at the right time and make some noise.  Start over next year and try again.

I don't expect one seeds every year, but this can't be the peak of the program.  

Best talent he’s had so far and the product is identical.  I think this is it.

18 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I believe they need to win an NCAA tourney game for him to keep his gig.  Getting there is not enough.  I just don’t see it happening.  I think he’s gone.

This is a message board and a lot of us have opinions.  That’s the part you struggle with.

I would hope so.  Moos wants all of our teams to be competitive.   Posters who over react both ways, what I call bi-polar.

• Fire 1
11 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I would hope so.  Moos wants all of our teams to be competitive.   Posters who over react both ways, what I call bi-polar.

Moos couldn’t fire Miles after the B1G regular season in 2018.  But there is a reason he only got a 1 year extension...he’s on notice.   Miles should have been run after NIT, but I understand why Moos had to keep him around.

Ive been on record, via Huskerboard, all year.  I’ve made multiple posts after early season wins that I wasn’t sold yet.  He needs to go.

Self funding basketball program that is top 15 in attendance.  Program has a career .500 coach.

22 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Moos couldn’t fire Miles after the B1G regular season in 2018.  But there is a reason he only got a 1 year extension...he’s on notice.   Miles should have been run after NIT, but I understand why Moos had to keep him around.

Ive been on record, via Huskerboard, all year.  I’ve made multiple posts after early season wins that I wasn’t sold yet.  He needs to go.

Self funding basketball program that is top 15 in attendance.  Program has a career .500 coach.

Husker fans will support any coach.  They are so hungry for a competitive team.  I first gave up my season tickets watching Nee do the same thing.  We need moos put out the bucks for a good coach.