Tim Miles Hot Seat Watch

I am a positive guy who generally is on the "lets support coach and team always" side but last night did it for me.  There is zero fire behind some of the guys who are supposed to be our core.  Palmer needs to be benched a game or two to get re-focused.  The few plays Miles does coach up are extremely predictable so they are no longer working.  He needs to allow assistants, fans, his mom, or someone offer up something different so it's at least not something the opposing team can prepare for so easily.  It seems like we give up a career high nightly to someone.  Uninspired play, bad defense, lack of depth... = bad coaching.  

If Miles doesn't get us an NCAA tournament win, he has to be gone imo.  

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

If he can't get arguably the most talented team Nebraska has had in who knows how long to play motivated, how is he going to be successful when his 3 seniors are gone next year?

The only way I can see is if Allen, Roby or Harris steps up and actually LEADS the team.  I don't see Roby doing it, Allen might.  I think Harris could.  Not sure about anyone else who returns having the right personality to truly lead the team.

20 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

The only way I can see is if Allen, Roby or Harris steps up and actually LEADS the team.  I don't see Roby doing it, Allen might.  I think Harris could.  Not sure about anyone else who returns having the right personality to truly lead the team.

Too many ifs for me. You could have played the IF game to convince yourself we should keep Riley. 

Moos has the football program headed down the right path. Now lets get the basketball coach. 

We have the full Big10 money so lets go spend $$$ on a coach. With our fan attendance and the new facilities there is no reason we should not be good every year. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

Too many ifs for me. You could have played the IF game to convince yourself we should keep Riley. 

Moos has the football program headed down the right path. Now lets get the coach. 

We have the full Big10 money so lets go spend $$$ on a coach. With our fan attendance and the new facilities there is no reason we should not be good every year. 

I think Moos has a short list of replacements for Miles.  I think that was a high priority after getting Frost here.  I don't think he was looking bc he knew he was going to fire Miles but I think he was preparing just in case bc he knew this probably wasn't going to work, like the rest of us.

• Plus1 2

41 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

I think Moos has a short list of replacements for Miles.  I think that was a high priority after getting Frost here.  I don't think he was looking bc he knew he was going to fire Miles but I think he was preparing just in case bc he knew this probably wasn't going to work, like the rest of us.

He could have fired Miles last year, but the timing wasn't right.  They had a great conference season and laid an egg in the conference tourney and NIT.  New football and basketball coaches would be too much.  He offered him a 1 year extension, which is nothing.  Miles had to have a break out year this year and it's more of the same.  Next year will be rough for the new coach.

Short of some kind of Ricky Vaughn - Major League miracle, he's done.

7 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

He could have fired Miles last year, but the timing wasn't right.  They had a great conference season and laid an egg in the conference tourney and NIT.  New football and basketball coaches would be too much.  He offered him a 1 year extension, which is nothing.  Miles had to have a break out year this year and it's more of the same.  Next year will be rough for the new coach.

Short of some kind of Ricky Vaughn - Major League miracle, he's done.

Yep, which is why I think Moos was preparing for this.  He knows what he's doing.

• Plus1 2
12 hours ago, Bad2theBONES said:

Anyone think Moos would be interested in Hoiberg? If so would Hoiberg want to come here given Moos writes a fat check? I think he would be a good hire as well. 

Fred is crazy rich already AND hates hates hates recruiting...so it would be a tough sell.  But dude can get his teams to play.