Tim Miles Hot Seat Watch

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Too many ifs for me. You could have played the IF game to convince yourself we should keep Riley. 

Moos has the football program headed down the right path. Now lets get the basketball coach. 

We have the full Big10 money so lets go spend $$$ on a coach. With our fan attendance and the new facilities there is no reason we should not be good every year. 

I agree too many ifs, but was trying to see next year through Miles' eyes.

Miles biggest problem has been he attaches himself to transfers and those guys dont seem to play much team ball.

Well, actually his biggest problem is he doesnt run an offense and for some reason guys cant make open looks when they get them.

Teams simply fall back into a zone the guards the rim. One guy attacks the guy with the ball and the others wait for him to try and drive and defend at that point. The rest of our player stand their and watch the show. 

Rutgers was doing the same thing offensively to us last night and yet for some reason we couldnt figure out to just sink into a zone around the rim and force Rutgers to shoot. 

This is the best we are going to get from Miles. Assistant coaches have come and gone yet our offense is still garbage. 

Miles has done a great job to re-energize the Nebraska brand but now lets actually get something from it. new batch of players in the state of NE coming through. A guy like Hoiberg can keep them signed on and actually coach them up. I get transfers can help but lets actually build a team instead of the band-aids.

I would love to see Miles be successful but it wont be here. He is a tremendously likable guy. He just proved it is hard to win at this level and we need a coach who can.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Miles biggest problem has been he attaches himself to transfers and those guys dont seem to play much team ball.

Well, actually his biggest problem is he doesnt run an offense and for some reason guys cant make open looks when they get them.

Teams simply fall back into a zone the guards the rim. One guy attacks the guy with the ball and the others wait for him to try and drive and defend at that point. The rest of our player stand their and watch the show. 

Rutgers was doing the same thing offensively to us last night and yet for some reason we couldnt figure out to just sink into a zone around the rim and force Rutgers to shoot. 

This is the best we are going to get from Miles. Assistant coaches have come and gone yet our offense is still garbage. 

Miles has done a great job to re-energize the Nebraska brand but now lets actually get something from it. new batch of players in the state of NE coming through. A guy like Hoiberg can keep them signed on and actually coach them up. I get transfers can help but lets actually build a team instead of the band-aids.

I would love to see Miles be successful but it wont be here. He is a tremendously likable guy. He just proved it is hard to win at this level and we need a coach who can.

This is such a good post.  

5 minutes ago, Noahjb said:

Gregg Marshall???

This is an interesting name and would be a 180 in terms of "charm" and I would not be shocked if he would leave now...I think he is over WSU and he makes great money there but why not go sign a new deal...cash your last lotto ticket.

I think the UCLA job being open will make some dominoes fall.

9 minutes ago, Jeepy said:

No matter the coaches on Moos's short list, who is going to want to come play basketball at Nebraska.. for very long?  The same sort who goes to play football for Kansas? 

This is a lazy comparison. Basketball teams can go from crap to good with 1 player. 5 guys compared to 22+.

Kansas didnt have longevity in football but they could get back to some sort of something but it takes so much longer to build a football team.

Nebraska has the fan support, the arena, practice facility and are in the right conference. This team can and should have some success. No, it wont be national championships most likely but tournament runs is viable with all the other things we have going. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

This is a lazy comparison. Basketball teams can go from crap to good with 1 player. 5 guys compared to 22+.

Kansas didnt have longevity in football but they could get back to some sort of something but it takes so much longer to build a football team.

Nebraska has the fan support, the arena, practice facility and are in the right conference. This team can and should have some success. No, it wont be national championships most likely but tournament runs is viable with all the other things we have going. 

Definitely agree. Football is our bell cow and always has been. 

But with the things you mentioned above I dont know why we cant have a respectable basketball program. 

Basketball is an indoor sport- so please dont someone say the weather. 

5 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Definitely agree. Football is our bell cow and always has been. 

But with the things you mentioned above I dont know why we cant have a respectable basketball program. 

Basketball is an indoor sport- so please dont someone say the weather. 

The basketball program might inch up a bit in respectability, but Nebraska will likely never be a Kansas or Duke, etc, in a perennial manner as they are, unless we can attract a coach who is two things:  1.  Proven in a major conference, 2.  Willing to leave an already proven bb program for .. a-hem, Nebraska. 

The history of the football program is not a good analogy and we know why.  The history of Nebraska compared to Kansas in football and basketball is pretty plain. 

Perhaps 25 years from now.. when Omaha is 5.5 million people and Lincoln is 1.5 million.  ??

Never say never, right?  But you know what I mean.  

In other words, remind us again:  why fire Miles?