Tim Miles Hot Seat Watch

21 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I would love it if we paid big bucks for a proven winner at the Power conference level 

21 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Oh I know that just trying to think of someone that could lead the way and has the mentality to do as much. 

I've been stanning for Mark Gottfried for a couple years now. 

7 hours ago, Blackshirt316 said:

If you know absolutely nothing about basketball then yes it's a great post.

Anyone who actually thinks Miles is on the hot-seat right now is nuts or has zero idea of what Nebraska Basketball looked like 8 years ago.

It's very likely if we're looking for a new coach next year, it's not because Miles was fired but because he took a different job due to the amount of people in this fanbase who have zero idea what reality is.

8 years ago, Nebraska basketball was coached by Doc Sadler, who had a .532 winning percentage while HC. 

Today, Nebraska basketball is coached by Tim Miles, who currently has a .519 winning percentage. 

Now, should we talk about who has had more talent vs. who has coached in tougher conferences? 

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

if you want a ton of NCAA troubles, sure. 

Nebraska finally has an AD and boosters that seem willing to pay for success. I think we'll be aiming higher than Gottfried (Oats or Musselman)

You talking about the Dennis Smith issue? 

It has to be hard for Miles and family to read this stuff but damn man just do your job.  We don't expect a sweet 16 every year but we do expect a team to look and act well coached, play with intensity, and stop losing to the Rutgers of the world every year.    

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

They hit the jackpot with Weber...his games might be hard to watch but they play nasty defense and hardly ever beat themselves.  

Weber would have come to NU had that job been open at the time and he would have had similar results as he has had at KSU

Frank Martin is who started them on the trajectory they're on. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

if you want a ton of NCAA troubles, sure. 

Nebraska finally has an AD and boosters that seem willing to pay for success. I think we'll be aiming higher than Gottfried (Oats or Musselman)

UCLA might go after Muss...

Gottfried is good because he can cheat...I personally am all for that.  The NCAA rules are not my moral compass and I would rather have the team I like be good and then have 'vacate wins" later instead of never being good.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

UCLA might go after Muss...

Gottfried is good because he can cheat...I personally am all for that.  The NCAA rules are not my moral compass and I would rather have the team I like be good and then have 'vacate wins" later instead of never being good.

Hey if we want to cheat our nuts off I'm good with it. Was just saying it's 200% happening if we hire Gottfried and I'm not sure the rest of the fanbase understands you have to pay to play in CBB. 

6 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Hey if we want to cheat our nuts off I'm good with it. Was just saying it's 200% happening if we hire Gottfried and I'm not sure the rest of the fanbase understands you have to pay to play in CBB. 

Shoot, no kidding...sometimes you gotta pay just to TALK to certain recruits.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I would say it was Huggy...but those guys are the same coaching tree.  But yeah Frank got them going again.

True, but (and I had completely forgotten this), but he was only there for one year. He bounced for West Virginia after his first season. 

I guess I'm one of the crazy one that still feels you can win within the rules and keep some level if integrity to your program.  I personally would be ticked if we got caught cheating and would in no way support a coach or program that did get caught cheating.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I guess I'm one of the crazy one that still feels you can win within the rules and keep some level if integrity to your program.  I personally would be ticked if we got caught cheating and would in no way support a coach or program that did get caught cheating.  

Just dont get caught.

It is happening like CRAZY for these one and done kids I believe. 

I think you can build a team/program without paying kids, it just takes longer and almost need to get 5 kids who play together and become a well oiled machine after 3 years. 

I would rather not have to vacate wins... It would be a sucker punch to finally get an NCAA win and then have it taken away 4-5 years later.