Tim Miles Hot Seat Watch

41 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I guess I'm one of the crazy one that still feels you can win within the rules and keep some level if integrity to your program.  I personally would be ticked if we got caught cheating and would in no way support a coach or program that did get caught cheating.  

Just if they got caught?

:)

32 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Just dont get caught.

It is happening like CRAZY for these one and done kids I believe. 

I think you can build a team/program without paying kids, it just takes longer and almost need to get 5 kids who play together and become a well oiled machine after 3 years. 

I would rather not have to vacate wins... It would be a sucker punch to finally get an NCAA win and then have it taken away 4-5 years later. 

Cheating is all over the place in CBB...shoot 90% of the asst coaches that are hired are hired for their (cheating) connections.  I bet every assistant on Miles staff has two phones...

• Plus1 1

College basketball recruiting might be the most corrupt thing in college sports. If you've followed the FBI case at all you'd see what is happening. Quite frankly we need to partner with Adidas (aren't we top 3 apparel deals for them?) to have them start feeding us some real talented kids. Its long overdue.

27 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Explain his NCAA troubles

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/article219373245.html

Fayetteville's Dennis Smith Jr. was one of the most sought after recruits in America and committed to NC State in 2015. He was he highest-rated recruit to commit to the Wolfpack and coach Mark Gottfried.

The attorney for adidas executive Jim Gatto told a federal court in New York Tuesday morning that her client paid the family of Dennis Smith Jr. $40,000 to secure his commitment to play basketball at N.C. State, Yahoo Sports reported.

Defense attorney Casey Donnelly made the comment during opening statements of Gatto’s fraud trial, where the federal government has charged him in connection with payments to numerous college basketball players in violation of NCAA rules.

Read more here: https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/article219373245.html#storylink=cpy

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, Husker03 said:

I think you’ve missed what is happening in the athletic department. No longer is what happened in the past the acceptable way to view things. No longer the fact that football “was great in the 90s,” is a justifiable way to allow it to continue to wallow in mediocrity. On the same note, no longer is the fact that Nebraska basketball, “has never been very good,” a justifiable excuse to let it continue to be poor.  Moos isn’t one to accept a defeatist attitude in any sport, let alone one of the three revenue generating versions. It’s not like it’ll cost the U a lot in renovations and rebranding, etc, it’s all already in place, we are only lacking the right guy which can and will be easily remedied in short order. 

I'm perfectly aware of this spin.

I'm also aware of how our AD treats Darrin Erstad.

So excuse me while I laugh.

1 minute ago, Blackshirt316 said:

I'm perfectly aware of this spin.

I'm also aware of how our AD treats Darrin Erstad.

So excuse me while I laugh.

The same Darin Erstad that also needs a new job? If Bill isn’t falling a overhimself to keep sub par coaches flush, I’m not sure I see the problem. 

• Plus1 2
On 1/20/2019 at 5:40 PM, Hayseed said:

OK , I'd go along with that. Hope we find an answer on the glass....wish we had Doc Sadler coaching defense.

Yeah, we needed to get some big wins to impress the committee. At this point it will take a miracle finish.

Oh, hey, can I get some funny faces here to cheer me up, I’m not happy.