Tim Miles Hot Seat Watch

1 minute ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I'm not in this fight.  I just wanted to see what the message board husker hoops player has to say.

As far as I'm concerned he's never had a good offense.  He's had the same pathetic O since he's been here.  It worked when Petteway was hot.  It worked when Sheilds was hot and it worked when Palmer was hot.  The rest of the time it's JV.

Exactly....

1 hour ago, Tim Miles*Alum said:

Nebraska’s last (non Tim Miles) tournament appearance was in 1986. When he took over the program he had kids like Brandon Ubel on his roster. He’s a bum. His first 2 years were spent playing with Doc saddlers Bums. His next 2 years he had to take transfers(most of which were buried somewhere else for a reason)to try and win to convince quality players NU was even worth coming too and made the tournament. He then had 2 of those transfer declare for the draft and not get picked after investing 2 years in them. Petteway  is average on a bad European team now. pitchford doesn’t even play anymore. He had White, another transfer, graduate and leave after investing 2 years and degree into him. He also had to deal with Morrow and Jacobson transfer after they believed they should be swingman. What positions do they play now? They aren’t very good at their natural positions! After taking all of this into account, NU should be giving this guy a 20 year contract. NU hasn’t been good at any sport outside of Volleyball since the 90’s. Y’all need to chill. If you think Tim Miles should be fried, you don’t understand what it takes to build a program. After taking over Doc Saddler’s bum roster and putting NU on a path to making them kind of a desirable place to play basketball, he should be praised. Remember, it’s still Nebraska. A white republican state with less than 2 million people. Majority of talented basketball players do not fit that mold. Go Tim Miles

This is proof, that just because you may have played basketball in college, it doesn't mean you know anything about building a program. You don't get to blame Doc Sadler when you're 7 years into your tenure.

And the shots at Nebraska's demographics, and population hold zero weight, when you consider that one of the best programs in the country resides in Lawrence, Kansas.

• Fire 3

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I want to dive into the really bad post but it is just a bad attempt at "getting people going".

I am not going to take the bait for now.

I would just ask the Tim Miles supporters to ask themselves this.

Would you support Tim as much if he were more hostile to the media like a Bo Pelini?

TM can no longer be supported - the clip about 0 tournament wins and NO players drafted is enough said

34 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

TM can no longer be supported - the clip about 0 tournament wins and NO players drafted is enough said

There are still people and media members who refuse to call a spade a spade.

I think a good chunk of us have made it clear regardless of the success this team has this year, we had our concerns on Tim Miles ability as a X's and O's coach.

The fact that he struggled this bad with this much talent just shows he doesnt know how to handle high expectations and when teams are gunning for you. 

Just now, Minnesota_husker said:

There are still people and media members who refuse to call a spade a spade.

I think a good chunk of us have made it clear regardless of the success this team has this year, we had our concerns on Tim Miles ability as a X's and O's coach.

The fact that he struggled this bad with this much talent just shows he doesnt know how to handle high expectations and when teams are gunning for you. 

to me it shows that regardless of the level of talent he just isnt cut out for Power 6 basketball...

4 minutes ago, Redux said:

Hearing he is out by end of February , Moos will make announcement.

Should wait until Selection Sunday to can Miles. It is on St Patrick's Day, so when NU fails to make the tourney, Moos makes the announcement about Miles while holding up a green beer and winking to the camera.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

If you're a math guy, then I would assume you would appreciate hard data rather than subjective observation. 

Regardless, there's no way to quantify the amount of improvement (if any) Shields underwent due to Miles, or due to his own hard work. There is, however, a staggering amount of evidence to show that a majority of players during the Miles era have remained static in terms of their growth and development during their time in the program. 

I agree that the vast majority of players have not improved significantly under Miles.

I will put out there that for ANY player to improve it is on him/her to take the time.  The coach should give suggestions on how & what to work on, but the player has to put in the time.  There are too many players that only want to work on their strengths and not become a more complete player.