Tim Miles Hot Seat Watch

3 hours ago, ECisGod said:

1986 was the FIRST time they made the tournament (Moe Iba was coach).  They made the tournament in 1991-94 & 1998.  Since you majored in Basketball, I will assume that you don't know those years are all after 1986.

I stand corrected. My mistake. I just used a quick google search. I am not a husker fan. Just a Miles fan. My apologies.

4 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I want to dive into the really bad post but it is just a bad attempt at "getting people going".

I am not going to take the bait for now.

I would just ask the Tim Miles supporters to ask themselves this.

Would you support Tim as much if he were more hostile to the media like a Bo Pelini?

I support miles because of my personal basexperiences with him. No other reason

6 minutes ago, Tim Miles*Alum said:

I support miles because of my personal basexperiences with him. No other reason

I don't think anyone is intentionally trying to make this a personal thing against Tim.  I think most of us like him and want him and the team to do well but as SLH said above me, he's not a good fit for the Huskers and the B1G.

It was hard watching last night - TM was running up and down the line making all kinds of gestures.  On a couple occasions he was putting his arms up in the air on Wisc 3-pointers like he was hoping they would go in.....  I'm shocked at how this is turning because i have thought he was the guy based on his ability to bring in quality players. 

2 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

I don't think anyone is intentionally trying to make this a personal thing against Tim.  I think most of us like him and want him and the team to do well but as SLH said above me, he's not a good fit for the Huskers and the B1G.

I can appreciate that. Me not being from Nebraska but having married a Nebraska girl, I feel like the sports culture here would rather lose with someone that has ties to Nebraska than wait for someone not from Nebraska to undo all the previous issues.

2 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

This. I very much want Miles to succeed because I not only want to see us win a tournament game but develop into a program where at least 75% of the time we are participating in some post season tournament. I don’t think that’s an unrealistic goal. 

But he is just not the right guy. I don’t think he is a great leader and we’ve basically been stagnant as a program under his tenure. It seems like every single year we get worse as the season goes on. We’re never playing our best basketball in March.