Tim Miles Hot Seat Watch

Tim Miles main reason for his demise is kids leaving the program. It happens more often now in basketball, but man there have been a ton for him. I didn't include Jake Hammond, Jack McVeigh, Nathan Hawkins or Nick Fuller as they weren't B10 caliber kids. 

Terran Petteway - for some reason thought he would get drafted and didn't 

Walter Pitchford - left/quit after Jr year 

Deverell Biggs - transferred. Avg 12 ppg at Tx Southern 

Tarin Smith - transferred. Avg 8 ppg at Uconn this year 

Andrew White - transferred. Avg 19 ppg and 5 reb for Syracuse. All-ACC player 

Michael Jacobson - transferred. Avg 12 ppg and 6 reb for Iowa State this year 

Ed Morrow - transferred. Avg 5 ppg and 4 reb for Marquette this year. Avg 9 ppg and 8 rpg for us as a soph 

Bakari Evelyn - transferred. Avg 11 ppg at Valpo his two years there 

Jordy Tshimanga - transferred. Avg 5 ppg and 4 reb for us

Jeriah Horne - transferred. Avg 9 ppg 4 reb for Tulsa this year. Shooting 41% from 3P

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Tim Miles main reason for his demise is kids leaving the program. It happens more often now in basketball, but man there have been a ton for him. I didn't include Jake Hammond, Jack McVeigh, Nathan Hawkins or Nick Fuller as they weren't B10 caliber kids. 

Ed Morrow - transferred. Avg 5 ppg and 4 reb for Marquette this year. Avg 9 ppg and 8 rpg for us as a soph 

Jeriah Horne - transferred. Avg 9 ppg 4 reb for Tulsa this year. Shooting 41% from 3P

tenor.gif

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Dude was so Pro-Miles it probably even made Tim blush.

Big Ten will have how many new basketball coaches next season?  I will put the O/U at 2.5

Miles

Chambers (PSU)

------------------------------

I could see that Rutgers coach leaving for a better gig

Izzo MIGHT retire (doubt it thought)

Pitino at Minnesota might not survive the season depending on how their season wraps up.

19 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Pitino at Minnesota might not survive the season depending on how their season wraps up.

Huh? Minnesota is doing fine right now. They avenged that awful loss @ Illinois with a win last night . 6-4 in conference play. Winners of 3 of last 4 and only loss was buzzer beater against Michigan.

I think they will be dancing. They could implode but I think Pitino is safe.

3 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Huh? Minnesota is doing fine right now. They avenged that awful loss @ Illinois with a win last night . 6-4 in conference play. Winners of 3 of last 4 and only loss was buzzer beater against Michigan.

I think they will be dancing. They could implode but I think Pitino is safe.

His seat was very hot at the beginning of the season. If they collapse he will be gone.

14 hours ago, ECisGod said:

His seat was very hot at the beginning of the season. If they collapse he will be gone.

Not so sure about that. They sucked last year but most gopher fans blamed it on the scandal with Reggie Lynch and then Amir Coffey got hurt.

I think plenty of fans were unsure coming into this season but seemed to be a wait and see approach. 

The loss to Boston College didnt help and the Illinois blowout seemed to be shrugged off.

They dont talk gophers basketball a ton on local radio but I work with plenty of gopher basketball fans and know a few boosters. I would say it would take a pretty epic collapse for them to fire him. 

I think even finishing even in the B1G wont really crash that house of cards. 

Now, if they started off 5-5, I think the seat gets warm.. but overall the Goofs have been fairly good this year. I think their record is a bit deceiving because I dont think they are that good but that is what a weak non-con can do for a team. 

27 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Not so sure about that. They sucked last year but most gopher fans blamed it on the scandal with Reggie Lynch and then Amir Coffey got hurt.

I think plenty of fans were unsure coming into this season but seemed to be a wait and see approach. 

The loss to Boston College didnt help and the Illinois blowout seemed to be shrugged off.

They dont talk gophers basketball a ton on local radio but I work with plenty of gopher basketball fans and know a few boosters. I would say it would take a pretty epic collapse for them to fire him. 

I think even finishing even in the B1G wont really crash that house of cards. 

Now, if they started off 5-5, I think the seat gets warm.. but overall the Goofs have been fairly good this year. I think their record is a bit deceiving because I dont think they are that good but that is what a weak non-con can do for a team. 

According to ESPN they will only be favored in 1 of their last 10 games & their BPI expects them to win 2.5 more games.  Their non-conf SOS is 275 (only Northwestern's was worse in the B1G).  Nebraska is expected to win 5.5 (not that I think that will happen) & is favored in 7 of their last 10.  I doubt any of the ESPN predictions will happen for either team, but if they do...

3 hours ago, ECisGod said:

According to ESPN they will only be favored in 1 of their last 10 games & their BPI expects them to win 2.5 more games.  Their non-conf SOS is 275 (only Northwestern's was worse in the B1G).  Nebraska is expected to win 5.5 (not that I think that will happen) & is favored in 7 of their last 10.  I doubt any of the ESPN predictions will happen for either team, but if they do...

In that case, want to make a bet on who wins more games down the stretch and who fires there coach?

Those odds can say whatever they want... Minnesota is not firing Pitino this year. Nebraska will fire Miles. 

On 1/31/2019 at 1:53 PM, BIG ERN said:

I hear you on the transfer thing...at the same time, it's something like 40% of players transfer before the end of their Soph year.  Nebraska has certainly gotten their fair share of transfers to bolster the team...heck White/Petteway/Pitchford were all transfers to NU.

On 1/31/2019 at 1:53 PM, BIG ERN said:

Didn’t technically leave the program as he never made it but losing Xavier Johnson when Kenya left really hurt. Averaging like 18 a game right now for Pitt

• Plus1 2