Tim Miles Hot Seat Watch

7 hours ago, Toe said:

"If they fire me, they're still going to pay me. … I'm still a millionaire," Miles told Goodman. "So I've got that going for me."

Time for people to start raging about Miles for saying that like they did when Bo said "If they want to fire me, go ahead."?

Keep it classy Tim. That's the sort of comment that will quickly change an opinion from Miles being a nice guy to Miles being an a$$hole. 

7 hours ago, Toe said:

"If they fire me, they're still going to pay me. … I'm still a millionaire," Miles told Goodman. "So I've got that going for me."

Time for people to start raging about Miles for saying that like they did when Bo said "If they want to fire me, go ahead."?

What a prick

8 hours ago, Toe said:

Meh. Tim has always been a different interview than Bo. In fact, this entire season he’s been praised for not shying away from media and being honest and forthcoming about everything from his team, his failures, and his job security. That he continues to be blunt doesn’t surprise me and I’d be hard pressed to take him to task for transparency at this point. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Ulty said:

Keep it classy Tim. That's the sort of comment that will quickly change an opinion from Miles being a nice guy to Miles being an a$$hole. 

Meh.. I didnt listen to his tone, but Miles is a jokester... I would assume it was a joking tone.

If it wasnt though, he does have a right to defend himself. The dude has been getting it from social media like crazy. I think it is deserved and part of the job but eventually everyone cracks. 

8 hours ago, Toe said:

Meh. Tim has always been a different interview than Bo. In fact, this entire season he’s been praised for not shying away from media and being honest and forthcoming about everything from his team, his failures, and his job security. That he continues to be blunt doesn’t surprise me and I’d be hard pressed to take him to task for transparency at this point. 

2 hours ago, Husker03 said:

2 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Is there an echo in here? :blink:

3 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Glynn Watson has shot 23% against ranked opponents this year...dude is a trash can. Copeland was our best player and he got hurt - we are also really really thin so this was a double tap. 

Copeland was not our best player, but he was the glue guy that the team desperately needed, and hasn't been able to replace. 

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

Copeland was not our best player, but he was the glue guy that the team desperately needed, and hasn't been able to replace. 

Who was better this year? JP is shooting 36% on the year and 31% from 3P...people caught onto his same euro step move. He isn't that good 

16 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I agree with Dirk's assessment that anything short of a big time hire and the basketball program is set back 5 years.

That might be the case. I think not going for a big name hire means you're just hoping/banking on the next mid-major dude to make it happen. Some might view it as kicking the can down the road.

I wonder who they could get even if they throw big $$$ at them. I don't ask that as in 'nobody will come here.' I just genuinely wonder what the ceiling is in terms of a candidate hire. Some dude on Twitter was suggesting they go after Baylor's HC but I don't think there's any denying that'd be a step down for them even if you have the cash.

Fred Hoiberg is an option but I think that dude could go to a better place in the college ranks if he wanted. What would really suck is if Moos decides to look at WSU's coach. He has hired that guy twice at two different stops and his results are... meh.