Tim Miles Hot Seat Watch

8 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Is there anyone left on this thread who doesn’t think miles getting fired is a done deal? 

Or anyone who would like to defend Miles awesomeness as a coach? I really miss those posts 

I honestly think Miles is a good coach.  The problem is that to compete in the B1G you have to have a great coach.  I think Miles could go back to a "mid-major" school and have a really nice career.  I also think he'd be great as an in studio TV guy because of his personality.

• Plus1 1

I think Miles is a good personality to lead a program if he has the right assistants.  He currently doesn't have the assistants to get it done right now or the apparent ability to do it himself so he is struggling.  That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see him have great success somewhere in the future with the right staff around him.    

• Plus1 1

I'd like to think if players didn't get hurt, we'd have ended this season strong and gotten at least one tourney win. Which could have resulted in some good momentum into next year, which probably wouldn't have maintained the same level, but still would have been a respectable season. 

Maybe not, but I've always rooted for Miles to succeed. He's a good guy, he loves Nebraska, and he runs a clean and responsible program. Sucks when guys like that don't work out.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I'd like to think if players didn't get hurt, we'd have ended this season strong and gotten at least one tourney win. Which could have resulted in some good momentum into next year, which probably wouldn't have maintained the same level, but still would have been a respectable season. 

Maybe not, but I've always rooted for Miles to succeed. He's a good guy, he loves Nebraska, and he runs a clean and responsible program. Sucks when guys like that don't work out.

They were already going down this slope with Copeland playing.

Anyone using the Copeland injury as an excuse is lying to themselves. 

They might have an extra win but this team looked awful with Copeland in. 

Miles just cant handle the pressure when they are predicted to be something good. When teams give us there best shot we shrink. 

• Plus1 2
13 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

They were already going down this slope with Copeland playing.

Anyone using the Copeland injury as an excuse is lying to themselves. 

They might have an extra win but this team looked awful with Copeland in. 

Miles just cant handle the pressure when they are predicted to be something good. When teams give us there best shot we shrink. 

I'd honestly venture a guess they actually have 3 more wins if Cope stayed healthy. Possibly 4. 

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I'd honestly venture a guess they actually have 3 more wins if Cope stayed healthy. Possibly 4. 

I would argue that you are VERY wrong. Rutgers game is case and point. 

Roby has majorly stepped up and that only happened because of Copeland going down in my opinion. Roby has taken over the Cope role. 

Only game I would actually maybe give them is Ohio State. Maybe @ Illinois 

5 losses- 3 of which were blow outs. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

19 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I would argue that you are VERY wrong. Rutgers game is case and point. 

Roby has majorly stepped up and that only happened because of Copeland going down in my opinion. Roby has taken over the Cope role. 

Only game I would actually maybe give them is Ohio State. Maybe @ Illinois 

5 losses- 3 of which were blow outs. 

Were they slumping? Sure, but you can't tell me that Copeland doesn't make a difference in stealing a game against Wisconsin or Maryland (whom Nebraska only lost to by 2 in their first meeting, on the road). Cope would certainly have made a difference against Ohio State and Illinois, too; those are the other two of the three wins I'm counting. I certainly don't think they lose to Penn State by a billion if Cope is healthy, either. 

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

????  Before Miles, I had season tickets for 15 years and we never had a good all around coach.  Nee looked good, due to the local talent.  He was never a good Xs & Os guy.  You can raise him up, but he was never all that great. 

I don’t know, it just seems like you and your boys orchestrated a coup to remove NBA player producing Nee and replace him with three sadsack mid-major coaches who have trouble squeezing into the NIT.

No way of knowing but you have to think ten more years of Nee would have to have been better than this comedy series.

Gillespie would probably get better results even when he’s on the bottle.

20 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I don’t know, it just seems like you and your boys orchestrated a coup to remove NBA player producing Nee and replace him with three sadsack mid-major coaches who have trouble squeezing into the NIT.

No way of knowing but you have to think ten more years of Nee would have to have been better than this comedy series.

Gillespie would probably get better results even when he’s on the bottle.

I will disagree, because instate basketball talent has decreased a lot over time until lately.  Nee did well due to local talent, which the other coaches did not have.   I will stand on the lack of quality basketball coaching at Nebraska for a long long time.   What do have now is great facilities and administration that wants to succeed.   FYI - you forgot about sadsack ADs that put us in this :P

8 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I will disagree, because instate basketball talent has decreased a lot over time until lately.  Nee did well due to local talent, which the other coaches did not have.   I will stand on the lack of quality basketball coaching at Nebraska for a long long time.   What do have now is great facilities and administration that wants to succeed.   FYI - you forgot about sadsack ADs that put us in this :P

Except that most of the sadsack ADs were hired because an angry mob with pitchforks and torches forced a nerdy lawyer with no interest in sports to hire them with the specific purpose of getting rid of an evil coach and replacing him with the savior of the day of the anti-social message board leaders and their 500 local media lackeys.

So there’s that. I wonder if Bob Devaney could be hired today?