Tim Miles Hot Seat Watch

10 hours ago, Mavric said:

And now you've resorted to nit-picking to try to dismiss things you don't agree with.  

Huskers.com

Yet you go with "streaky & never played d"?

Moore played 13 years in the NBA.  What the hell does "he was like 6'11" 175" supposed to have to do with anything?

And "the rest were ok" is at least as much and probably more than you can say about any of the Nebraska kids save King and Strickland.

Man, Moore played that long?  Looks like he made like 25 millions as a pro.  Good for him!

21 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Except that most of the sadsack ADs were hired because an angry mob with pitchforks and torches forced a nerdy lawyer with no interest in sports to hire them with the specific purpose of getting rid of an evil coach and replacing him with the savior of the day of the anti-social message board leaders and their 500 local media lackeys.

So there’s that. I wonder if Bob Devaney could be hired today?

Keep in mind that Nebraska's history of sad sack basketball is the entire history of Nebraska basketball, running through every AD who made our football program so great, including Bob Devaney. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Keep in mind that Nebraska's history of sad sack basketball is the entire history of Nebraska basketball, running through every AD who made our football program so great, including Bob Devaney. 

Not really. Sad sack everything seems closely related to the social media mobs and the pathetic local newsmen. Bill Byrne was a great AD. South Lincoln put it on the recent ADs who were just hired to calm the mob, not me. The Riley hire was a special case of strangeness that was supported by the local propagandists....the rest of the hires were not that bad, just not well thought out and involving a lot of fan and donor pressure.
If Mr. Moos decides to give Miles more time, I'm okay with that because it's not my job and I don't know what the alternatives would be. He has to make that decision based on whether he thinks we can do better, not because a bunch of fans threaten to hold their breath.

Edit: The guy over there making the funny face is the main sad sack.

2 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Not really. Sad sack everything seems closely related to the social media mobs and the pathetic local newsmen. Bill Byrne was a great AD. South Lincoln put it on the recent ADs who were just hired to calm the mob, not me. The Riley hire was a special case of strangeness that was supported by the local propagandists....the rest of the hires were not that bad, just not well thought out and involving a lot of fan and donor pressure.
If Mr. Moos decides to give Miles more time, I'm okay with that because it's not my job and I don't know what the alternatives would be. He has to make that decision based on whether he thinks we can do better, not because a bunch of fans threaten to hold their breath.

Fun fact: Nebraska has the unfortunate distinction of being the ONLY major conference program to have never won a game in the NCAA Tournament. 

Has nothing to do with social media and local newsmen. 

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Fun fact: Nebraska has the unfortunate distinction of being the ONLY major conference program to have never won a game in the NCAA Tournament. 

Has nothing to do with social media and local newsmen. 

True ,but the fans would kill for Danny Nee's record of getting into the Dance.

….which brings up another topic....is it the coach's fault a team with a 3 seed and 26 wins went out and played like a bunch of dunces against Xavier? I think many times you have to put all the blame on the players. Pennsylvania?....Arkansas?....the players had their chances.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

True ,but the fans would kill for Danny Nee's record of getting into the Dance.

….which brings up another topic....is it the coach's fault a team with a 3 seed and 26 wins went out and played like a bunch of dunces against Xavier? I think many times you have to put all the blame on the players. Pennsylvania?....Arkansas?....the players had their chances.

If I recall correctly,  the #3 seed game against Xavier was played in a huge arena on the East coast and because of travel schedules, Nee decided they needed rest, rather than practice. Therefore we went into the game with a huge open backdrop, shot horrendously, and were never comfortable because we never practiced against the setting and couldn't hit the side of a barn door. That's a COACHING decision Danny later regretted.

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Hayseed said:

The Riley hire was a special case of strangeness that was supported by the local propagandists

The local propagandists were not unique in that regard. That hire was supported by nearly every single college football talking head/insider nationwide who had anything to say about it.

7 hours ago, Comish said:

If I recall correctly,  the #3 seed game against Xavier was played in a huge arena on the East coast and because of travel schedules, Nee decided they needed rest, rather than practice. Therefore we went into the game with a huge open backdrop, shot horrendously, and were never comfortable because we never practiced against the setting and couldn't hit the side of a barn door. That's a COACHING decision Danny later regretted.

Yeah, the players seem to suffer from a lot of those "coaching" decisions. One of the players also broke a nail and the sun was in their eyes even though they were indoors.

3 hours ago, Landlord said:

The local propagandists were not unique in that regard. That hire was supported by nearly every single college football talking head/insider nationwide who had anything to say about it.

Aren't those national ESPN propagandists the best? Maybe they should find another line of work and quit trying to fool everybody?

7 hours ago, Landlord said:

Eh, yes and no.  Almost every hire by everyone is talked about like it's a great hire.  Easy to do when you can talk about it in a vacuum. 

But if you look at the people who actually ranked the hires against each other, Nebraska's move was near the bottom.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

…..with the sun shining inside and really rough basketballs.

Uh...repeating the same argument doesn't actually make it any more humorous. And at the risk of making too fine a point about it, I can only say that many players find it difficult to adjust to shooting against a cavernous backdrop and I was pointing out that Danny himself regretted not giving his team some prior looks at it.

This portion of the discussion should be rendered moot because I DO agree with the body of your claim that the athletes must assume a larger portion of the blame via poor shot selection, execution, and communication.