Tim Miles Hot Seat Watch

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Miles doesnt run this account, but it is crazy to me that someone would tweet that at a parody account.... 

I have been pretty clear in saying that Miles is not the guy longterm but was fully onboard giving him a chance with this current team.

While I am frustrated with the 1-3 conference start, lets calm it down a bit. The 3 losses were on the road against 3 good(not great) teams. No, we shouldnt have lost any of those 3 games... but we get a chance at payback at Pinnacle Bank for all 3. 

This team is still having a good year. We need to learn to close better.

But again, my major issues with Miles still shine through. His offense has actually been better but still wish we had more movement for guys without the ball. 

On defense, it comes down to lack of rebounding. Honestly I would love to see more Brady Heiman. He is a good rebounder. He lacks size and strength but he gets himself into good spots. Take away all the second chances from Offensive Rebounds and this team is 3-1 or 4-0.

15 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Miles doesnt run this account, but it is crazy to me that someone would tweet that at a parody account.... 

I have been pretty clear in saying that Miles is not the guy longterm but was fully onboard giving him a chance with this current team.

While I am frustrated with the 1-3 conference start, lets calm it down a bit. The 3 losses were on the road against 3 good(not great) teams. No, we shouldnt have lost had a good chance of winning any of those 3 games... but we get a chance at payback at Pinnacle Bank for all 3. 

This team is still having a good year. We need to learn to close better.

But again, my major issues with Miles still shine through. His offense has actually been better but still wish we had more movement for guys without the ball. 

On defense, it comes down to lack of rebounding. Honestly I would love to see more Brady Heiman. He is a good rebounder. He lacks size and strength but he gets himself into good spots. Take away all the second chances from Offensive Rebounds and this team is 3-1 or 4-0.

I agree with your post.

However, I have one correction above.  For instance, Iowa is a very similar team to us as far as talent and ability.  We were in their house.  It's tough to win on the road in the Big Ten.  Yes, we could have won that game.  We didn't.  That sucks.  

And...as for Heiman, I really think we would see more of him if he wasn't fouling about every 10 seconds while in the game.

Couple of points: 

1. The guy that tweeted at the dog account is a massive douchebag. I had to remember why I blocked him, but he tweets **** almost every single tweet, at coaches and at players. 

2. I'm not going to be surprised either way with whatever decision is made on Miles. Moos has a history of letting basketball coaches slide, but he's still in splash mode here, and might want to take a healthy swing at getting the program on the right track. 

4 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Couple of points: 

1. The guy that tweeted at the dog account is a massive douchebag. I had to remember why I blocked him, but he tweets **** almost every single tweet, at coaches and at players. 

2. I'm not going to be surprised either way with whatever decision is made on Miles. Moos has a history of letting basketball coaches slide, but he's still in splash mode here, and might want to take a healthy swing at getting the program on the right track. 

I think most people who want Miles gone seem to agree that it is because we have seen the same thing over and over again. 

I think it is pretty apparent he just isnt that great of an X's and O's coach. He has done a great job of getting talent in here but has only had 1 maybe 2 good seasons... I think this team is still very good this year and while the 3 losses bug me, they were all on the road and honestly they were correctable things. This isnt a dumpster fire, we can correct some things and make the dance. This years team isnt my concern.....

My concern is Miles ability to bring in young talented guys and coach them up. My concern is a team like next year where we will most likely lose 90% of our points. My thought is it is a perfect time to hit reset with a new coach. I dont know how you could fire Miles especially if he wins a tourney game but I just think we know what he brings to the table and I would love to see Nebraska try and take the next step.

That all said, Miles is a good, personable dude. I just think some fans let that cloud the fact he isnt a great coach.

4 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I think most people who want Miles gone seem to agree that it is because we have seen the same thing over and over again. 

I think it is pretty apparent he just isnt that great of an X's and O's coach. He has done a great job of getting talent in here but has only had 1 maybe 2 good seasons... I think this team is still very good this year and while the 3 losses bug me, they were all on the road and honestly they were correctable things. This isnt a dumpster fire, we can correct some things and make the dance. This years team isnt my concern.....

My concern is Miles ability to bring in young talented guys and coach them up. My concern is a team like next year where we will most likely lose 90% of our points. My thought is it is a perfect time to hit reset with a new coach. I dont know how you could fire Miles especially if he wins a tourney game but I just think we know what he brings to the table and I would love to see Nebraska try and take the next step.

That all said, Miles is a good, personable dude. I just think some fans let that cloud the fact he isnt a great coach.

Exfreakinactly

I have said it before...if Miles started the NU job in the early 80s...he would have coached at NU for 20 years.  He is likeable, a good quote, he would be buying beers (because you could still do that back then) for the media and fans...

But the game of winning/losing has changed and the media coverage and TV games have changed.  

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

I have said it before...if Miles started the NU job in the early 80s...he would have coached at NU for 20 years.  He is likeable, a good quote, he would be buying beers (because you could still do that back then) for the media and fans...

But the game of winning/losing has changed and the media coverage and TV games have changed.  

He reminds me a lot like Nee.  He could recruit some good athletes, but they never got better and Xs & Os were an issue!

On 1/6/2019 at 10:03 PM, teachercd said:

Miles is already gone...it doesn't matter what happens.

This year was never about what Miles could do it was always about what Moos could do.

Buffalo has the coach that NU wants...Oates.  I think that is his name.

Nate Oats would be an A+++++ hire

Edit: kinda cool to see this come full circle from last offseason @teachercd

On 3/22/2018 at 11:32 PM, seaofred92 said:

IF a change goes down... 

Candidates: 

Oats (Buffalo) 

Musselman (Nevada)

Jankovic (SMU)

Martin (South Carolina)

Altman (Oregon)

On 3/26/2018 at 9:15 AM, teachercd said:

Interesting...here are my lame thoughts...

Martin is probably waiting for the Miami job

Oats, no idea at all

Musselman would be a great hire but I don't see why he would leave UNR now

Jank is interesting and has midwest ties

• Fire 1