Tim Miles Hot Seat Watch

On 12/6/2018 at 12:25 PM, Roger Dorn said:

A bit too early for these discussions but heard a bit on the radio and figured why not. 

My top top choices for coaching replacements are

1. Dana Altman - have to at least ask him first with his connections to Neb

2. Fred Hoiberg 

then not sure after that

I wanted to write the same thing, but in different order.  Win today, and all this talk is mute (for a while)...GBR 

1 hour ago, TonyStalloni said:

Our players were focused and lasered in.  Tim and the boys made a statement.

I got this one wrong. 

If you want to take one win, and I admit it was a good one, to define Tim's tenure, than that is your call.  A broken clock is right twice a day.  Tim still isn't the guy.

The weird thing about this season is if they do well this year, he gets rewarded and they immediately go back to the B1G basement.  The best indicator of future performance is previous performance.  He's had 6 years.

5 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I got this one wrong. 

If you want to take one win, and I admit it was a good one, to define Tim's tenure, than that is your call.  A broken clock is right twice a day.  Tim still isn't the guy.

The weird thing about this season is if they do well this year, he gets rewarded and they immediately go back to the B1G basement.  The best indicator of future performance is previous performance.  He's had 6 years.

Very big of you to admit that you got this one wrong - is there a chance you are wrong on the rest of this also?

Don't think anybody defined TM tenure on this game.  Interesting clock deal - the clock is right twice a day by chance and chance only - you saying the same about Tim?

The weird thing is why do you think we are at the bottom of the basement next year?  IR could be a top player in the league next year...The young guys looked good last night - are they not going to be better by next year and able to step up?

Tim will not make us Kansas or anything close however he is in the process of producing a product (3 of his 7 years) that is in the "ball park" of the best NU has had.

Look around there should be some confidence in the program that you can find - GBR!!!!

13 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Very big of you to admit that you got this one wrong - is there a chance you are wrong on the rest of this also?

Don't think anybody defined TM tenure on this game.  Interesting clock deal - the clock is right twice a day by chance and chance only - you saying the same about Tim?

The weird thing is why do you think we are at the bottom of the basement next year?  IR could be a top player in the league next year...The young guys looked good last night - are they not going to be better by next year and able to step up?

Tim will not make us Kansas or anything close however he is in the process of producing a product (3 of his 7 years) that is in the "ball park" of the best NU has had.

Look around there should be some confidence in the program that you can find - GBR!!!!

I would also add that nana has looked good & will get better, along with a year in the weight room for heiman & we add burke. 

• Fire 1
5 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

I have similar thoughts, but I also have to wonder if the "ball park" of the best this program has ever had is good enough. No one else has ever had the support that Tim Miles has had. This team might accomplish more than any other in program history, but it still begs the question of whether one (hypothetical) tourney win in 7 years is good enough.

Take into account that since Tim Miles took over that 11 of the 14 Big Ten programs have won a tournament game. That puts Nebraska in company with Rutgers and Penn State as the only ones who haven't won a game. Seems to me like anyone should be able to clear that bar with the amount of support UNL has put behind Miles.

Maybe he has learned how to win at a power conference level and will make us proud in the coming years, but there's legitimate reason for doubts.

• Plus1 1

I think he needs to take another power conference equivalent job after this year.  I’m sure Moos wants his own guy and Miles won’t be able to ever sustain success here.  It’s apparent this season won’t be a bust to get him fired so I think the best interest is for a mutual split where he takes another job.  We thank him for our first tourney win and go a different direction.  He’s a smart guy, and anyone looking ahead to next years roster knows it’s a 20 loss team, with or without Roby coming back.  So why stick around and get fired next year instead of jumping on your upside after this season.  

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

I suppose anything is possible.

You take personalities out of it and Miles reminds me of Pelini.  Good program, but very little to suggest it’ll ever be great.

12 hours ago, Blackshirts007 said:

I think he needs to take another power conference equivalent job after this year.  I’m sure Moos wants his own guy and Miles won’t be able to ever sustain success here.  It’s apparent this season won’t be a bust to get him fired so I think the best interest is for a mutual split where he takes another job.  We thank him for our first tourney win and go a different direction.  He’s a smart guy, and anyone looking ahead to next years roster knows it’s a 20 loss team, with or without Roby coming back.  So why stick around and get fired next year instead of jumping on your upside after this season.  

A guy would only do this if he had no confidence in himself; if he thought this season was his peak.  You're the one who thinks that.  I think Miles believes in himself.

14 hours ago, Blackshirts007 said:

Wait......so, you're saying that after he gives us more success than our program has ever had......he should just bow his head and shuffle out the side door?

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wait......so, you're saying that after he gives us more success than our program has ever had......he should just bow his head and shuffle out the side door?

Explain to me how you define success?

He has a worse winning percentage than Doc Sadler.

Has won all of zero NCAA Tournament games.

He brought us some national attention but lets hold back on the whole "more success than our program has ever had" because that isnt true.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Explain to me how you define success?

He has a worse winning percentage than Doc Sadler.

Has won all of zero NCAA Tournament games.

He brought us some national attention but lets hold back on the whole "more success than our program has ever had" because that isnt true.

Hey....just using his words.

We thank him for our first tourney win and go a different direction.