Offensive Efficiency

Mavric

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

No doubt, the O is starting to click and looks very impressive.  Frost is slowly building a very potent offense.  I liked a quote he said the other day that he'd rather win 2-0 than lose 61-60.  He knows what is needed to win.  A few more pieces and parts.  Our O is getting it done.  Sat against Ohio St is going to be interesting.

Side note-watching UCF last night and the blazing speed of the their skill positions was crazy.  They were multiple and interchangeable.  I think those are some of the pieces Frost is recruiting for.  Got to say it again, they had speed to burn on O.    

Just now, lo country said:

No doubt, the O is starting to click and looks very impressive.  Frost is slowly building a very potent offense.  I liked a quote he said the other day that he'd rather win 2-0 than lose 61-60.  He knows what is needed to win.  A few more pieces and parts.  Our O is getting it done.  Sat against Ohio St is going to be interesting.

Side note-watching UCF last night and the blazing speed of the their skill positions was crazy.  They were multiple and interchangeable.  I think those are some of the pieces Frost is recruiting for.  Got to say it again, they had speed to burn on O.    

On this week's Pick 6 Podcast, McKewon commented that those great Oregon teams Frost worked on had interchangeable guys at the skill positions.  There would be a guy who comes out of nowhere and have 4 carries for 110 yards.  That's the one thing missing with Frost's offense right now.  He wants to be able to sub in guys at the skill positions and not have a drop-off in production.  

• Plus1 3
21 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

On this week's Pick 6 Podcast, McKewon commented that those great Oregon teams Frost worked on had interchangeable guys at the skill positions.  There would be a guy who comes out of nowhere and have 4 carries for 110 yards.  That's the one thing missing with Frost's offense right now.  He wants to be able to sub in guys at the skill positions and not have a drop-off in production.  

That's the part that takes time to develop.  He's building it and over time, we will start to see a stable of players like this.

Despite the W/L record, this season is everything we could have hoped for imo. The offense is as advertised. We are going to be scary and we run the ball better than we have in nearly 2 decades(the scary part is we are throwing it better than ever). On defense there have been questions, but they have at least looked like they give a rip out there and that is a big upgrade over last year right there. It's hard not to like the direction of this team.

• Plus1 1

When I first saw this the other day, I was surprised that 1983 wasn't on the list. Finally got around to looking into it.

Penn State - 500

Wyoming - 581

Minnesota - 790

UCLA - 600

Syracuse - 458

Oklahoma State - 417

Missouri - 405

Colorado - 398

Kansas State - 429

Iowa State - 503

Kansas - 680

Oklahoma - 424

Miami 478

Pretty noticeable lull in the middle of the year.  I thought it was probably one game that kept this team off the list.