Re: Women Don’t Falsify Rape Charges

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He was falsely accused of being a sexual predator and gang rapist. He had to defend himself against those false charges in front of his wife, parents, daughters, friend, colleagues, and the world. If that’s not a raw deal, what would be?

You don't know that the charges are false.

• Plus1 2

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He was falsely accused of being a sexual predator and gang rapist. He had to defend himself against those false charges in front of his wife, parents, daughters, friend, colleagues, and the world. If that’s not a raw deal, what would be?

Most defendants do.  Ric, when people go on trial or take part of a VERY public job interview, like a Supreme Court hearing, family and friends are going to hear things.  The Senate Judiciary Committee (majority Republican) felt there was enough evidence to invite Ford to give her testimony.  They allowed Kavanaugh the same opportunity.  They then felt there was enough questions unanswered to warrant another FBI investigation at the request of a Republican Senator.  He may have been falsely accused, maybe not.  But he was awarded the position he was seeking and he's going to be okay.

Without a price to pay for giving false testimony under oath what is to prevent this from happening to people on both sides of the aisle? We expect a guilty abuser to pay dearly for the crime committed, should we not also expect a liar under oath to be charged and sentenced to something more harsh that a slap on the wrist?

5 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

Without a price to pay for giving false testimony under oath what is to prevent this from happening to people on both sides of the aisle? We expect a guilty abuser to pay dearly for the crime committed, should we not also expect a liar under oath to be charged and sentenced to something more harsh that a slap on the wrist?

Who provably lied under oath? 

I don't know if you follow much news, but there have been several cases of women being convicted for falsely accusing men.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
15 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

Nothing (to the first question) and that's why those who make false accusations should be prosecuted.

• Plus1 1
49 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I don't know if you follow much news, but there have been several cases of women being convicted for falsely accusing men.

Yeah, I think some college girl just got locked up for saying two college football players raped her...she later admitted she made it up so her boyfriend wouldn't get mad.

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Which do you believe are true? Based on what evidence?

For someone who claims to have a law degree, you should know the difference between "proven false" and "not proven" and between "believe" and "proven". You claim that Kavanaugh's accusers have been "proven false", which means you have the burden of proving that statement. I suspect you can't do that and that you've once again confused your beliefs and opinions with "proof".

• Plus1 5
3 hours ago, ZRod said:

Yes....I know out here in the backwoods of Nebraska news comes slowly on the Pony Express. I am aware of a few cases recently. One where a woman was sentenced to 2 years in prison for false testimony of rape that put two men in jail for quite awhile. I'm curious in the OP's case if this woman will receive anything for lying in court.

2 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

Yes....I know out here in the backwoods of Nebraska news comes slowly on the Pony Express. I am aware of a few cases recently. One where a woman was sentenced to 2 years in prison for false testimony of rape that put two men in jail for quite awhile. I'm curious in the OP's case if this woman will receive anything for lying in court.

If they could prove she lied, they should prosecute her.  Maybe it says more about the validity of her testimony if she isn't facing perjury charges :dunno

It's kind of a 2-way street.  If Ford was telling the truth, why do Dems all of a sudden not seem to care? If Kavanaugh was telling the truth, why isn't he screaming from the rooftops for her to face charges and completely clear his name?  Maybe it is because it was a horrifically ugly event and nothing more can be done, so a lot of people just want to move on and focus on what they can still change.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, TonyStalloni said:

First of all it's a known fact that there are no trees in my beloved home state so I don't know how you can have a backwood. Second what funhusker said. Prosecutors aren't going to bring cases to trial that they know they can't win.

• Haha 1