Special Teams

Just now, huskerfan74 said:

Saying that our special teams suck is the understatement of the century. In fact, calling them special is an insult to the word. We need to refer to them as our s#!tty unspecial teams until they actually do something special. Don’t even get me started on the useless unspecial teams coach.

I’m sorry sir, but if you don’t consider a kickoff going backwards special then nothing is going to sway you 

• Haha 1

I have more confidence in Dewitt for the following reasons:

1.  A lot of the problems I see are the players not executing

2.  I don't recall UCF having these kind of special team gaffes

3.  Dewitt is smart and when you listen to his interviews whenever he answers a question about special teams it's obvious he has analyzed the problems and knows what needs to happen to fix them.

I don't want anyone else coaching special teams.

I am sorry but I am having a very difficult time believeing that Frost asked Lightbourn to onside kick the ball. He is just trying cover for his kicker’s horrible blunder which will be highlighted in ESPN’s not so top 10 plays. Asking Lightbourn to execute an onside kick is like asking a seven year old to dunk a basketball.

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I am sorry but I am having a very difficult time believeing that Frost asked Lightbourn to onside kick the ball. He is just trying cover for his kicker’s horrible blunder which will be highlighted in ESPN’s not so top 10 plays. Asking Lightbourn to execute an onside kick is like asking a seven year old to dunk a basketball.

Come on - there is zero chance that the play was anything except onside kick.  the entire left side of the line was attacking to a certain area and at least one if not two were offside.

• Plus1 1