What did we learn: Ohio State

Branno

6 minutes ago, irafreak said:

I learned...to my surprise. ...that Ohio state did NOT come out playing fired up and angry after a loss. That team looked off. We couldn't capitalize.

Also interesting to watch frost start aggressive then switch to conservative. 

I think aggressive kind of backfired. OR maybe it did if that was in fact an onside kick. 

Just now, The Dude said:

I wish I was pleased by the outcome.  I really do. It could have been a lot worse, I get it.  It's just really frustrating and disappointing how it played out.  So many blown opportunities.

Case in point. You want to all of a sudden be a team that wins top ten matchups on the road? It’s about progress and we made a huge step in the right direction today. Do you not recognize this? 

• Plus1 2
Just now, Cornfed said:

Case in point. You want to all of a sudden be a team that wins top ten matchups on the road? It’s about progress and we made a huge step in the right direction today. Do you not recognize this? 

I think there is a difference in being pleased by the outcome which I am not either but optimistic about what we are seeing and I think that’s where the disconnect is on this board. We shouldn’t be pleased that we lost today. It was a winnable game. But I think you can be happy about the effort and development that is occurring with this team which I certainly am. I’m far more excited about our football team then I have been since Suh was here to be honest

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

we've improved in every area except special teams. and that's not exactly an area you can fix overnight.

we played more physical than osu, but they turned it on when they needed to because they still have the talent advantage.

osu does not look like a top 10 team, and they will field better teams in future years, so we have to get that much better.